Recently Professor of Economics, Robert J Brent did a cost benefit analysis of hearing aids INCLUDING the benefits of the reduced risk of dementia. Have a read of what his study found:
- On a global scale the annual cost of unaddressed hearing loss is between $750 - $790 billion…
- $105 Billion due to loss of productivity.
- $573 Billion in the social costs including social isolation, communication difficulties and stigma. …
- $67 - $107 Billion cost to the Health-Care sector.
- Yet the rates of hearing aid use in America remain less that 25%.
- The study showed a $276,916 (around $AUD 408,000) increase in direct benefits to a person wearing hearing aids. Which equates to a more than $30 to $1 payoff on average in treating your hearing loss according to the researchers.
Andrew Campbell of NeuAudio referencing this https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00036846.2018.1564123
Original LinkedIn post here: