What is the best brand of Size 312 batteries?

Someone on here did a (very limited) study of different brands. He decided that the best brand was the one that had the easiest packaging for battery removal. I forget which one he decided, seems to me it was the Power One with the turnstile.

Costco. I’ve never had a problem with Costco and they are probably the cheapest available.

1 Like

I buy Duracell Activair from Amazon. They are not the least expensive, but I like them for two reasons: 1. They have a longer pull-off tab and 2. they come in a nifty plastic container with 8 batteries per container

If you’ve worn hearing aids for years you know - Rayovac Proline is the best choice of all.
Rayovac Proline Advanced Mercury Hearing Aid Batteries Size 312 is the longest-lasting hearing aid battery in the world. Google it.

2 Likes

PowerOne. There is a vendor on Amazon where I can get them next day with prime.

I’ve worn hearing aids for years and I don’t know. Google what, exactly?

I think if you’re using a major brand from a reliable vendor that it doesn’t really matter. They all use the same chemistry. If you’re ordering online, why not order from Hearing Tracker’s site and support fhe forum?

4 Likes

On my last pair of hearing aids, I checked out a half dozen brands, Energizer, Rayovac, BJ’s (private label warehouse store), Duracell, etc.

I did it this way, put brand-A in one aid, and Brand-B in the other. Wrote down day installed and date died.

Then reversed them and repeated the test just in case one aid drained batteries faster than the other (it did not).

The winner of that round went on to the next. I found they were all pretty much the same within a few hours of each other.

I ended up using ZeniPower at Amazon because they were the lowest priced and performed as well as the others.

Of course your hearing aid current draw may differ from mine so your results might not be the same.

Bob

1 Like

My experience of 40+ years, the life is marginally different so therefore the cost is the better factor to use. Kirkland (COSTCo) seems to give me 6 days ± a few hrs consistency with my aids (yours may vary). And they cost about $.17 each.

If you are a Costco member, they rebranded Rayovac batteries and relatively cheap. Rayovac have been consistently the best ones I have used for 312 for the past 7 years. One brand for hearing aid batteries I would avoid is Duracell. They make great batteries in general, but not for hearing aids. I’ve had multiple sizes over the years and their hearing aid batteries are not the best. I would go out of my way to recommend people do not use Duracell for hearing aids.

1 Like

Considering the cost of the hearing aids worrying about the cost of batteries seems a little unnecessary. But I will agree with others. When it came to reliability Duracell was problematic

When I used Costco they laster 3-4 days. Duracell last 2-3 days which is annoying.

Both my wife and I have been using Duracell 312s for years and have had very good results with them, so our experience has been positive, unlike some others apparently.

In my opinion - Whatever is on sale

2 Likes

Costco is the cheapest and great quality.

1 Like

Rayovac 312s always seem to give me an extra day over anything else - and I’m a daily streamer. Costco also excellent value per cell. Energizer actually bought the Rayovac Company last year to get their hands on their technology.

I tested several brands and the one that responded best was Duracell.

I currently use Widex Dream 220 and previously GNResound Canta 7 (lasted 12 years!).

The disappointment was Panasonic.

I use Costco batteries from my local outlet in England and they recently changed their supplier to Varta and made in Germany, I have not noticed any difference .

I don’t use 312, but I feel compelled to chime in since I really doubt size matters to the question.
Mine uses the larger 13

Early on my Audi gave me a pack of power one’s that had great life.

At some point I ordered a bulk pack of amazon branded batteries. They were phenomenal. Lasted me a solid week without fail.

When those ran out I ordered a bulk of power ones from amazon. I don’t recall but I believe the date on them was fine… They were garbage, never got more than 4 days or so…it was all over the map. I was very happy when that supply ran out!

I ordered another bulk of amazon branded batteries… getting a solid 7-8 days so far without fail. No, that’s not right, I did have one cell that lasted a day…but I’ve later found that I had some dirt inside the battery compartment so that might be it…
So I’m sold on the amazon brand
Based on the packaging and sticker on each cell, I think they might be Ray O Vac

So did this answer your question?