What does it mean when Phonak doesn't have my serial numbers?

I bought a pair of Audeo V90’s off eBay and when I put the serials into Target to check warranty information, one comes back as not on file, to call customer service. Obviously, I am not going to call customer service, but is that a thing? Not having a serial number on file? The aid seems to work alright. I did an initial fitting that seems to have the problems I have always had with HAs, a lot of noises that annoy me, but not a lot of improvement of my actual hearing. I am going to try some other, different settings to see if they help. I have come to realize that I will have to make a pretty major accommodation if I am going to be wearing aids.

I’m only guessing regarding the serial number, but maybe it was a hearing aid reported lost or stolen? Also, are you sure you entered the serial number correctly?

eBay… You’re on your own😕

Bet if you call them and give them your name and address they will send you new ones😀

Could be lost, stolen or a demo model, not to be sold. Perhaps you need to contact who ever you bought them from on Ebay.

What lead you to believe they would have a warranty?

The year they were made. The one that has no record was made in 2015. The warranty on the other one expired in April of this year. I don’t really expect any kind of support from Phonak, I was just interested to see what came back when I entered the serials. After I read them, I checked again thinking that I might have mistaken a number 0 for the letter O. I had not. Get the same thing. I could try to contact the seller, but I kind of doubt that will get me anywhere. I might call Phonak just for laughs and see what they say. The aids seem to work though the left seems different from the right.

One possibility for them not coming back with a serial number match is they could have been sold in Europe originally. Any Phonak aid purchased in Europe won’t be on file as registered with Phonak USA. Doesn’t necessarily mean they were reported lost or stolen.

This has happened to me with a Roger receiver I bought off eBay. Did you ever find out why the serial number isn’t coming up with things?

I’ve bought my Phonak hearing aids and other Roger receivers off eBay from the USA (I’m in the UK) and the serial numbers show the warranty details.

In one of the later updates of Target, it started showing both serials. It doesn’t matter, really, since the warranty isn’t transferable.

2 Likes