What does 'Easy Phone' do on my Naida?

Still investigating how to use the mobile and I remember seeing Easy Phone on the screen when my aids were been set but it was not ticked.

What does this do and would it be good to get it ticked?

I know I have the basic Naida (III S) but I did see it on the screen.

If it was ticked, would it change it to t-coil without me touching anything when I put BB up to my ear (BB has hearing mode - t coil)?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

(It also says EasyAudio and EasyBluetooth, what are these?)

The easy phone enables the reed switch on the aids that turns the aids onto a dedicated telecoil/telephone program. This then may fire the phone signal to both ears to improve the snr of the callers voice. The mix of the mic/phone input is configurable, as is the choice to enable both ears. The efficacy of the reed/telecoil pick-up is based on the MMF ( google it ;)) generated by the driving speaker and it’s proximity to your aid.

Other Easy functions are basically allowing quick automatic connections on the same principle.

If my MyPilot says Phone via t-coil and mic, does that mean I have Easy Phone on already?

Only if it’s been enabled in the programming. Get your Audiologist/HIS to show you the screen where they select the Easy T options.

Easy Phone, creates a separate program activated by a small magnet that you stick on your landline phone.

I have the Naida VSP`s and this does not send sound to both ears. I think the next model up has something called “Duophone” that does send sound to both ears.

Put me right if Im wrong, it would be very useful on these Naidas.

JohnD

Only the Naida IX has the Duo Phone but it says the III and V both have the Easy Phone, Easy FM, Easy Audio and Easy Bluetooth.

Still trying to find out what they mean when they say Easy Audio and Easy Bluetooth?

I am wondering whether the Easy Phone with the magnet would work on a mobile phone. The Blackberry Bold 9700 and 9780 has a hearing aid mode with telecoil. Found out through research. :smiley:

This Link say -
4 automatic programs for FM, using the phone, binaural stero streaming of audio signal and hands free binaural mobile phone use.

http://www.phonak.com/content/dam/phonak/b2b/C_M_tools/Hearing_Instruments/Naida/Naida_PowerHearing/22337_027_0580_02_Naida_III_V_IX_Product_Information_V4.00.pdf

I think it maybe so the Compilot works with the Niada’s?

NaidaUP.

The Compilot seems to be the way to connect to mobile phones, TV etc. as it sends sound to both aids. The instructions give more information, but not sure about the spoken alerts – or the price…

JohnD

Have you got Easy Phone activated with your Naida? Did the NHS give you a magnet or did you have to buy it privately?

Just wondering if I need to make an appointment with my private aud or the hospital?

Thank you.

NaidaUP.

The NHS gave me the Naida`s and a case for them, but no instructions.
I have tried easy phone, which worked with my Screenphone without a magnet. So it may not always be necessary if the phone is hearing aid compatible. Is easy phone enabled?

I have just checked the original NHS settings, and only Soundflow and T-coil are activated. It would be wise to go to the NHS if they are still tweaking them, depending on your relationship with them.

From experience people seem to have problems with automatic switching in and out of the t-coil program when using easyphone as they alter the proximity of the telephone headset to their hearing aids while talking on the phone. Most users find a manual telecoil program to be a more stable solution.

From trying easyphone, there is a delay before switching back the normal setting. Therefore. Any slight movement of the handset should not lose the signal.

I tried EasyPhone (actually DuoPhone since I have naiad IX) and I too found it annoying. There was a delay in switching, some phone needed a magnet some didn’t, move the phone wrong and it switched out, etc… I had my AUD shut it off; I much prefer the manual program.

I also have the Phonak iCOM which communicates to the cellular phone using Bluetooth and then transmits it to my hearing aids. I use that a lot for music, but on phone calls people complain that the microphones are too sensitive. I now mostly use my cellular with the hearing aids on microphone like normal.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

A few things I have found on the cellular phone side.
<O:p</O:pLook for the M4/T4 rating

Try it in store before buying it. I have found a LARGE difference in HA compatibility even between M4/T4 phones.
<O:p</O:p

Avoid GSM based carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc…), go with CDMA (Verizon, Sprint) or LTE (not available many places yet). GSM causes much more interference with hearing aids than CDMA or LTE. Don’t believe me, set an AT&T cell phone next to a speaker for a while and listen for the data noise.

Look for a phone that has a speaker as close to the top as possible. I have found that phones with speakers lower on the body of the phone cause more feedback when compared to phone with the speaker near the top edge. Having the speaker near the top edge also helps you to align the phone with your hearing aid microphones easier.<O:p</O:p