What changes are in store for Apple iOS 14?

I wonder what changes are in store for IOS14 coming out. Will the MiFi audio situation improve back to the way it was on IOS 12 or better? IOS 13 was a disaster as functionality was lost.

what functionality are you talking about? To me IOS13 has been the best so far.

Connectivity between different IOS devices, connectivity in general although this settled down some, and alert tones although I didn’t use those. A quick search on this site will find lots of issues that arose. Hoping IOS 14 will feel like a step ahead instead of back.

I really haven’t had any connection issues between devices or even to my Oticon hearing aids. And as for as the notifications, it has been so great not having them going to my aids. I have the iPhone 7 Plus, IPad Air 2, Apple Watch, and MacBook. I do a lot of interaction between all of them with very little issues. Sure there is the issues with multiple devices fighting for the aids. That maybe the aids issue more than apple’s.

1 Like

I did see this over on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/deaf/comments/heby8h/the_new_ios_has_been_released_to_developers_and/

" The new iOS has been released to developers and will be available to the public in the fall. One of the new features is Sound Recognition which will be really helpful to people who are deaf"

(there’s a demonstration video @ the link)

3 Likes

IOS 14 now let’s you receive text alerts and other alerts to your hearing aids…they finally fixed it.
There is an option call play system sounds in your Accessibility Hearing aid feature.

This is great! Can’t wait to try it.

When is 14 coming out

Normally late September to early October

1 Like

You can enroll your iphone into the Apple IOS beta program…very simple and you can download the beta IOS 14 and try it out. So far I have had zero issues.

beta.apple.com

1 Like