What are the little plastic pieces that hold the speaker in the ear canal?

At last visit to provider they had me switch to the 6mm power domes. They’re good but occasionally they come out of the ear canals. Today they put on small, clear plastic pieces (sort of thin plastic wires) that come off the in-the-canal piece and curl inside the ear. They hold the speaker in place.

What are the things called?

hearing aids sport locks

Also known as concha locks, a more technical term.

1 Like

Ear Grips!

And they work nicely

I call 'em a leash! I had to cut mine OFF tho, cuz they just added bulk to the receiver matchstick.

Oh. And on my new Marvels for size 13 battery, my dear audi put them on BACKWARDS, so the leash protruded like a crooked finger pointing OUT of my ear, LOL! I tried to twist them around to fit the curve of my ear to no avail. Then cut 'em off as they just added that needless BULK.

Some folks have narrow ear canal doorways, and even the power receiver with its double dome can be painful to JAM in every day.

I’ve cut mine a couple times, trying to make them less painful. I finally realized it wasn’t the leash that was hurting, it was the sharp end pushing into the ear. So, this morning I pulled the hearing aids and took the very end of the leash and bent it sharply back. That way the sharp end isn’t poking my ear. Much more comfortable now.

I like the leashes because they keep the smaller (6mm) power domes in the ear canal and they don’t work their way out.

Now that I know what they’re called I found them, and discovered a PAIR of the things is $12 on Amazon…

I think I’ll ask the audiologist for a spare set instead.