Wanted: Conversion Kit for Phonak Audeo M-312T

This is the person I have been communicating with on eBay
SD-hearingcenters
They did confirm that phonak has at least 2 of the T7 color in my HA model but because they will need to be “repaired” my audiologist has to directly send them.
They do have a bunch of Signia housing products on eBay though.
@Gilbert @DaveL

1 Like

Your audiologist does not loan aids when sending out repairs? Many do.

I would have to check, I wasn’t aware that was a thing.

I guess we are not going to be able to obtain the kits to do it ourselves. Looks like we have to send them to Phonak for “repair” and that has to be done through an audiologists office. Never mind.

Yeah pretty sad but I can understand it from a company’s view but if you have Signia products they do carry the kits for those

1 Like

I like the stickers idea!

DaveL

When I first visited my current audiologist that was the second question I asked after them saying they do not have aids for trials. Having to be without aids for a time is not an option for many people.

1 Like

I definitely could be without my aids but it would make being in class settings a whole lot harder.

1 Like

My personal opinion is that children deserves the best education we can provide.

Your residual hearing is much better than mine, though. Especially since my brain expects the sounds after 20 years of wearing hearing aids.

There’s actually another one in Kitchener as well! Though, I’m pretty close to the one in Mississauga.

1 Like

Sadly my audiologist got told that the color white was discontinued in August 2022, so even if it went to the repair shop they wouldn’t be able to do anything.
Phonak keeps saying that there are no extra shells in the repair department and when I asked them to see if someone in that department could check they said they don’t have any.

Thanks.
Read your post and was on the verge of a rant…shut it down.
It is so difficult to get real information about hearing aids when faced with the need to improve hearing. That was about 22 years ago.
I just want hearing aids I can put in my ears and they work.

DaveL

1 Like

I hope I can better answers from phonak since I’d prefer to have something I like wearing daily vs dislike and ends up not being used

1 Like

@DaveL @Gilbert sadly this seems to final Update :person_shrugging:t3:, “I have spoken to Phonak again this morning and have again been told the following: 1. they have discontinued and do not have access to a conversion kit in white…2. they do not have spare parts in white… there is not a “white” option. I am very sorry but this is not possible. The manufacturer also warns not to utilize parts that you find online as it will affect your manufacturer warranty coverage on future repairs.”

1 Like

Where are you based?

I bought housing from an eBay supplier and went to the Hearing Aid Repair Shop to swop them over but I’m in the UK.

Zebras, can you tell us the name of the eBay supplier that you bought housings from.
Thanks

I tried contacting the eBay seller That was listed in another topic and they said they do not sell housings only hearing aids.
@Gilbert @Zebras

@Gilbert

I’ll try and find the seller.

We are talking Naida Quest technology so it was around 2013 ish.

I’ll come back to you in a few days.

I am so impressed that you have been able to talk with a human at Phonak! I would feel much happier with my care if I could.
I bought an incredible book after reading a “book report” recommending it here. It’s:

“HEAR & BEYOND, Live skillfully with Hearing Loss” by Shari Eberts and Gael Hannan

You’ve just caught me…I erased a rant I started.

I believe hearing aid makers should support us longer. Keep parts available. If I want to keep my hearing aids for 10 years, I should be able to get parts. As I get older, I have less money to spend.

DaveL
Toronto

Especially because I bought my aids officially in November which means they had gotten rid of any spare products in that color, maybe one day I will be able to find some or something from a broken pair. I did find a rechargeable pair on eBay in white but they said it doesn’t make noise anymore🤷🏼, it’s 28$ and I could get it but i might wait a bit. I talked with my insurance and because I am out of my 60 days trial period I cant exchange my hearing aids for the pediatric line of sky marvels and if I wanted to I would have to pay out of pocket. @DaveL
For some reason I only sometimes get the reply button to work,sorry

1 Like