Want Costco hearing aid that will work well with Android

While I agree with one thing so far with Apple in full control with IOS, iPhone is somewhat stable but Apple hasn’t seen fit to even offer le audio. With Android which Google created and updates, the issue and the importance of Android is that it is open source, anyone can modify it, all companies have the right to create and design their own hardware and to modify Android to work with it. Most of the cheap android phones don’t even have the needed hardware to support hearing aids. So the key is shopping smart, doing your research. To be honest don’t blame Android in general. And not even Apple can be consistent with the changes to iPhone year to year or model to model.
It is as it has always been buyer be ware,

I fixed it for you.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/9393002?visit_id=638566647658734962-2982450331&p=pixel_hac&rd=1

Yes, there are bugs and a few headaches. Since android is a Google product, it would seem they would be the first to get things worked out.

Returning my Jabra pro 20’s this weekend. To many bt issues. And i have a pair of Resound One’s with no issues so Resound screwed the pooch on this new model. I cant even connect one aid at all now and they keep losing their pairing. Every dayni have to re-pair them and my TV Streamer. This is very disappointing considering these were supposed to be amazing for connectivity but not ready for prime time. I will probably stay away from Resound after this. My One’s still work great but they will be my last Resound manufactured aids.

1 Like

I am a Bluetooth fan and I am 12 days into Rexton Reach all is well in the connection with my Pixel 8 Pro. all is well. I called Rexton customer support to check out the Reach, I happened onto a very helpful agent. The KS 9 was a goog Bluetooth match for me as well, with my Pixel 6a

all the best,

Thanks for the info, Larry. Good to hear your Pixel 8 Pro works well with Rexton. I’ll keep that in mind should I not choose to go with the Philips 9050 when it comes to Costco. Am about to get my new Pixel 8.

I would wait on the new Pixel if the 6a still works well.

Android 15 should be coming out by the end of the year, and should give us Bluetooth audio with Auracast.

1 Like

Too late. I bought it in Amazon’s Prime Days sale.

2 Likes

Glad to know that your Intents are working well with your S23. Are you using LE audio and thus hands-free? My Phonak made KS10’s work flawlessly with my S23, but the Jabra 20s are very glitchy. I have until September to return them if they don’t improve with software updates.

1 Like

Hands free still doesn’t seem to work but I don’t receive many calls to verify hands free. It isn’t perfect but to be honest it works better than my iPhone worked.

mr.smithster, I’m in the same boat. Got the Jabra 20 and it was supposed to be the greatest but with my android, never knew whether it would receive phone calls or not. one call, just fine. Next call, nothing. Had to constantly turn bt off and on and even then, never knew. Finally couldn’t tolerate it anymore and returned them. Waiting on either Reach or new 9050. For now, using my old ks9 with excellent bt.

3 Likes

I have a Galaxy s23 ULTRA, and even though it is on Jabra’s “approved list”, the BT connection has been so bad that even after replacing the HAs and subsequently my phone, as well as speaking with second tier support and turning off the LE, I still find the Bluetooth unusable. I remain hopeful that a rumored intermediate release of Samsung’s version of android next month may address the issue, but more likely I will need to wait until Android 15 is released and then into next year when Samsung releases its own version of the operating system for its phones. I would be most interested to hear if the pixel version of android works better for you.

1 Like

I have Jabra 20s and a Pixel 7 Pro. Other than one HA or the other sometimes rebooting when streaming from the TV, I have a rock solid BT connection with my phone. I shut off LE. Callers can hear me and I can hear them on every phone call. Streaming from the phone to the HAs also works great.

3 Likes

I have the Jabra EP 20s and a Galaxy S23 Ultra. I too have had similar good Bluetooth connectivity. once I turned off LE Audio which we are awaiting on an update for. The default ASHA protocol works well for me.

2 Likes