Voice Control

Hi, I am new here. I just had a quick question. I am 18 years old and have had hearing aids since I was 3 or 4 (I don’t remember). I have moderate hearing loss so with my hearing aids I am pretty much fine in every situation, and can even carry on conversations without them. I have learned to deal with it…it sucks sometimes but theres not much you can do about it. Anyway…one issue that I seem to be having, especially as my voice matures is controlling the volume of my voice. I have never been the loudest person in the world, but it seems like recently I will be talking to friends at a level that is “normal” to me but they say that I am pretty much whispering. How can it be that I hear my voice loud and clear, and can feel it projecting from my body, but it somehow only is a whisper? This happens multiple times a day and it is really frustrating since everyone is always saying “What?” to me. I am the one that should be saying that. :stuck_out_tongue:

My hearing aids are GN Resound Canta7 Cic’s … not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any suggestions for me?

That is odd that you have been wearing hearing aids for so long and only experiencing the problem now.

You may want to have the Audi make the vents slightly larger, especially if they are plugged right now. In addition, the compression settings may need to be changed, as sometimes the hearing aids will undercompress (too linear) or undercompress which can cause these problems.

Sometimes, the use of too much noise reduction on some older models, like the Canta 7 can also cause you to speak too soft, since the background noise is softer to you compared to the people you are talking to, who perceive the noise as being louder than you are experiencing.

If your voice is the problem you may want to look at the new Oticon Epoch which detects your own voice and processes just your voice differently as compared to other voices.

Admin et al: You don’t suppose that MCS5280’s voice has deepened (18 years old) and his aids are peaking at some portion of the low freq. spectrum?

That would account for the sudden change.??? Ed

Yes it is possible that at 18 years of age his voice deepened and the way he hears his own voice may have changed. That is a distinct possibility.