Video Stutters when linked to Resound Linx Quattro

I am a new hearing aid user currently evaluation the Resound Linx Quattro. When I connect the hearing aid to iPad or iPhone audio and play streaming video I consistently experience interruption to the streaming content. The behavior is similar to what you would expect to happen if there was an interruption to the streaming data. I know that is not the problem because other data streams continue at the same time and the video problems resolve when I disconnect the direct connect to the hearing aid.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Have you got wifi enabled when this happens?

Yes, WiFi is the source for streaming. Also sent this question to Resound. They suggested that there could be interference from other devices since the hearing aids are paired with multiple devices. They suggested making sure that Bluetooth disabled on other device when in use. Have done a single quick test and it has helped. Time will tell if this fixes the problem.

I had a similar problem with my Resound tv streamer interfering with Apple products, including Apple TV. Resound suggested the problem was that the streamer runs in the same 2.4GHz band as WiFi. Their suggestion was to switch all the other devices to 5GHz band. You might also try that. I didn’t have a 5GHz enabled router at the time, so I can’t vouch for the effectiveness of this :slight_smile: