Very Frustrated

if phonak, does indeed introd. a product (una replacement) with bluetooth capabilities
this would put a AH in serious trouble…

Proving that a particular setting caused unwarranted loss to the high degree required in a legal court is fraught with difficulty. There are just too many variables. Ed

Sorry, X, I don’t understand what you are saying.

Are you suggesting that Phonak will put AH out of business by selling $4000 blutooth hearing aids against AH $1000 units with ADRO, automatic directional mics, feedback cancellation, noise rejection, user programming, customer support, etc. ?

Anyone know why danielchin got banned?

If you have the Audeo I am assuming it is a mini BTE open fit hearing aid. If so, it will have no effect on the phone. IOW no help / no hurt. Phonak’s iCom is the best answer for the phone. I have been able to hear on it in a noisy situation better than any other unit.

Of course it will only work with BlueTooth equipped phones so maybe you could forward the hospital phone you want to answer to your cell phone?

The other issue is hearing speech in noise. I suggest talking with the person programming your Audeos about setting up a program/memory dedicated to your work environment. The compression can be increased, microphones in directional, and noise reduction maxed. You will need to have a remote to access the program manually and the remote will also give you volume control. Personally I find putting my aids in a noise reduction program and lowering the volume a little is the best setting for the noise like you describe.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

John

The work environment could be recorded on a high quality digital recorder.

If his audiologist is serious about what they are doing they should have a complete surround system set up in a fitting office. The audiologists could try to create this environment as accurately as possible and set up a program for it.

I use a high quality surround system and create crowd/party noise for my clients all the time. I then set the noise program to find the best “happy medium” for noise reduction and speech understanding. To charge someone $8000 for any kind of a hearing aid system and then not do everything possible is IMHO criminal.

I agree. Do you use real ear verification such as REM or speech mapping? I find speech mapping to be an excellent tool in conjunction with Environmental sound simulations.

What is speech mapping?

Danielchin said in part…

…with a answer from Xbulder saying:

I’m NOT looking to take sides either way, but… I have to agree with “Xbulder” on this one. Now on the other hand, if the only reason what Danielchin said in their above quote was to help… then that’s another thing, which brings up the point: there are and were much better ways of doing it.

Danielchin could have PM’d, or e-mailed TraumaDoc with their Ebay information, which would have averted the ensuing situation pertaining to self advertising. I don’t see why that would create any problems with any of us here seeing it would be a one to one “personal” communications.

I don’t know if this is the first time Danielchin has done the above… or if they’ve been banned from the board. If it was just a inadvertent (I wasn’t really thinking), type of mistake then (from my point of view), I don’t see any reason (with a strong “don’t do that again” from the Admin’s) why they shouldn’t be allowed to post in the future. I would hate to lose another point of view or additional advice over something that can be rectified without having hurt feelings or either side.

As far a English Dispenser and his signature…

I once again agree with Xbulder… “you don’t promote your business, it’s different…” and as such I don’t see anything wrong with it. I have never seen/read of anyone complaining about “E D’s” signature, so I for one am asking the Admin’s to let “E D’s” signature go back to what it was. No Harm, No Foul !

Your thoughts may have different mileage than mine.

Shi-Ku Chishiki

ShiKu.Chishiki@Gmail.com

I am starting to understand how this all works now. I have found several different sites to have plenty of audiologists and disability profiteers lurking around selling thier stuff and even providing misleading information and half truths.
Its tough to know where to draw the line. I want to know where to get stuff, but I dont trust the remarks of someone promoting thier own business.
I was on another site for months that I swear was actually created by america hears to sell thier own stuff. Not that I have a problem with AH but the point of these sites should be to exchange real honest ideas and not a bunch of BS. I guess the only way to determine who is who is to stick around and develope relationships to determine who you can listen to.

speech mapping is the ONLY way to obj. verify a fitting… Other tools are great, but Speech mapping should be the first line of defence

I agree with you, there are several dispensers here who has invested a great deal of time, given Honest advice, it is OK to be biased- but what should not be OK is BUY from me, Brand A is the absolute best and you need to get this. The point is to transfer know. and points of view so that as a consumer, you ultimately decide what is best for you

I actually DID get the rep from Phonak to come and do fine tuning. It is moderately better.