Using windows on a macbook pro (Intel) to program with Compass 4.4

Anyone had any success running compass on a MBP with windows? I already have the MBP, so putting windows on it would make it more cost effective, but not sure if there are limitations?

I believe that you can run Windows (under emulation, Parallels/Boot Camp etc). The newer non-Intel/ARM processors would still cause a problem because there is no driver for (Noahlink Wireless hearing aid programming device) for ARM processors.

But if your MacBook Pro has an Intel processor instead of M1/M2/ARM-processor I think that you are okay for running Windows under emulation, And having a driver for Noahlink Wireless.

Though, I don’t use Apple/Macs. So there’s that.

Reference;

1 Like

Thanks you and my apologies for not specifying. I have a 2012 Intel MBP

This link to → MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) - Technical Specifications
says that Yes, it has an intel Processor
Processor

• 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz) with 3MB L3 cache
  • 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz) with 4MB L3 cache

So you are good to go for finding and using a driver for Noahlink Wireless.

So now the only question is can you emulate Windows on this MacBook Pro? That answer also appears to be Yes.

• Is if Free to setup Windows emulation? I dunno.
  • Can I tell you how to setup Windows emulation? No - I’m not an Apple/Mac user
  • Can someone else tell you how to setup Windows emulation? Yes, but I don’t know if your will find that person here, and also with DIY hearing aid self fitting experience?

Can someone help @user172 with setup of Windows emulation on a Mac?

ETA: Tip: How to change your username (and name) because after 30 days your Usennnn generic username becomes permanent. :wink:

1 Like

PVC - you are a truly generous soul. Thank you.

You can find video tutorials on youtube

another one

install Windows first without product key. You can use Windows for a while as trial version without entering an product key. Microsoft allows anyone to download Windows 10 for free and install it without a product key. Windows will then continue to work for the foreseeable future - with a few minor cosmetic restrictions. However, you can always license the operating system fully at a later date.
Windows 10 works for 30 days without any restrictions, and even after the 30 days have expired, they are rarely noticeable.

1 Like

Ah, thanks @firenzel And it appears that → Boot Camp Is Free and already Built Into Macs.

ETA: I watched the video and would recommend that you Never! create an optional MS account. It’s all PITA hassle, and no benefits.

2 Likes

@firenzel - thank YOU!!!

1 Like