Using Oticon Real MiniRTE R with PC Bluetooth

I’ve been using Oticon Real MiniRTE R (for both ears) for a few months now. And so far I have been able pair my hearing aids with my Apple iPhone SE (Second edition). Which unfortunately means that for Microsoft Teams meetings for my work, I join the meeting from my phone and not my PC. So far the built-in bluetooth device in my notebook and the dongle I use with my desktop PC have not recognized my hearing aids. Is there a bluetooth dongle compatible with Oticon REal MiniRTE R that I can use so that I will be able to join Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Zoom and etc. meetings directly from my computer?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Your Oticon aids are MFi so they connect to Apple iPhone and iPad and a limited number of recent Apple computers (typically with M2 or later CPUs). To connect to a regular computer/notebook with Bluetooth, you need an Oticon ConnectClip. It pairs with your aids and then your computer and it translates classic Bluetooth to the MFi protocols (operating in the same frequency band as Bluetoot) to complete the signal chain to your aids. It includes a microphone to pick up your voice for Zoom or Teams or whatever. Your audiologist/provider would have to configure your aids/ConnectClip for them to work unless you have the Oticon Genie software and a Noahlink Wireless.

See: ConnectClip

Another possible solution is to connect the audio output signal from you computer to the input of an Oticon TV Adapter 3 which then sends the signal to the aids. However the TV adapter is one way so you would need to use your PC/notebook microphone. This TV Adapter does not require and configuration but only pairing with the aids.

A third possibility (more expensive) is to use an Oticon EDUmic with a wired audio output from computer/notebook. The EDUmic then transmitts the sound to your aids. I have not use an EDUmic but I’ve used both a ConnectClip and an TV Adapter connected to a computer.

3 Likes

The Real aids als work with a limited numbet of Android devices that have ASHA. I have the Samsung S23 and the Real aids work great wirh it. But no tablet with android work. But the connect clip works great but does have limited battery life.
I also use over the ear headphones with my aids but be aware that if you have domes that feedback could be an issue. I wear custom ear molds without any feedback issues.

1 Like

It is still experimental, but I have been working on Pico-ASHA: USB audio to ASHA adapter.

It currently works pretty well with Oticon More devices. I suspect that the Real should also work, although I can’t guarantee that. It is still under active development though, and there’s no pretty enclosure for the device yet.

One of the reasons for working on Pico-ASHA was so I can use Teams on my work PC, although I haven’t yet taken it out of the home just yet.

1 Like