Using kirkland 8.0 with Android phone

I just got a pair of Costco kirkland 8.0 hearing aids. When I asked about what they could do when connected to an android I was told that to use most of the Bluetooth features you need to use a iPhone. I know that most of these hearing aids are optimized for Apple but I would think that at a minimum I could sync up my Samsung note 9 to hear calls and with an external mic talk to people. Am I missing something. If so I could use a little help.
Thanks
Mike

1 Like

Welcome.
Nope. Not possible. All you can do is control things with an Android app. No streaming. No phone calls.
You can certainly get additional proprietary equipment to work perfectly…but not the HA’s on their own.

A Phonak model can currently take a call in one ear and use the mic from the other ear.
Phonak is coming out with a fully capable HA that can do everything including wash your dishes. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update! I bought ha’s 6 years ago that worked with Android. Hung a mic around my neck and I could hear everything through my ha’s when on a call. You would think that they made improvements in 6 years. Do you know any ha manufacturers that work well with Android phones?
Thanks

I did say that you can use the same thing like around your neck or a clip-on kinda thing. Well ok not those words :slight_smile: Those devices are proprietary to the HA manufacturers.
I also went on to say about Phonak. I won’t repeat it…it’s right there above your last post :slight_smile:
Pretty much everybody offers one of those devices.

Thank you for the info

You need the Rexton Smart Mic for phone calls, or to stream from any Bluetooth device.

There is a new announcement from Phonak, a new hearing aid that directly connects to any cell phone or Bluetooth device without any additional hardware. It is called the Phonak Audeo Marvel.

Costco doesn’t have it and my pro guesses 6 to 9 months until they get it. I will probably try to buy it online.

Thanks for the info. I bought the kirkland ha’s after looking at 5 other brands priced from 8k to 5k. They all seem comparable and they all say that they work best with iPhone. No one let me try their product using Bluetooth with android or iPhone they said that didnt have any of the accessories in stock to try. I work in the cellular industry and I am on my phone for 2-4 hours a day. I connected the kirklands up to a iPhone and it worked but the volume was to low for me to hear well and people on the other end say that I sound far away. My insurance will pay 80% so im trying to find the best option to work with Bluetooth.
Thank you for your input

You really should check this thread. It sounds like you have not seen it yet. Sorry if I missed the fact that you have.

1 Like

If the volume on your kirklands is low, you can also use the phone volume buttons on the iPhone to turn up the volume of a phone call - works!

2 Likes