Upgrading hearing aids to phonak lumity 90

Don’t want to start a new topic for every question,so hope I get a reply :pray:.

So in to my 3rd week with my phonak 90 hearing aids. Had my last appointment to turn up fully to where they should be etc having only being at 90% (apart from yearly follow ups etc).
Anyway forgot to ask my Audiologist…
Does it matter if I have them on in the cinema, do you lot leave yours on?
If it’s best to turn them off,is muting them via the app the same thing?

Thanks

I’ve been to very few movies since the pandemic, but I’ve been wearing HAs for 8 years. I’ve never taken them off, and don’t know why I would. Dunno your hearing loss pattern, but I want to hear high frequencies in the movies as well as elsewhere.

Ok thanks, my hearing pattern is i can hear background sound well it’s voices etc I struggle with.

Afterthought: it’s pretty easy to do an A/B test.

A/b test? Is that where the Audiologist plays different levels of background with a voice trying to talk over it see how much of the voice you can hear/remember to repeat back?

No, that’s where you in the movies take off the aids and put them back on to assess the difference.

More generally, an A/B or A-B test is a comparison of the effects of two products or states. If you’ve had an eye exam, think of the optician switching between lenses and asking, “Is it better this way? [switch] Or this way?”

Some HA fitting software makes certain A/B tests easy for the fitter to provide in evaluating certain settings or parameters.

Oh right. Like when I have the radio on and listening to it without my hearing aids first thing in the morning and then I put them on and the radio always sounds a little louder.