Upgrading from Phonak Marvel to Phonak Paradise

Anyone on here go from phonak marvel 70r to paradise 70r? I have an appointment next week to trial paradise 70r. Any information appreciated.

1 Like

I don’t think you’re going to notice a great deal of difference other than being able to pair and connect to more bluetooth devices. If you get rechargeables there’s the “tap” feature but many don’t like it. Why are you considering upgrading?

Just looking for hands on experience from those who have went from marvel to paradise. I kind of forgot, provider said she can’t get 70r for trials , so I will be trialing 90r. But if I do decide to buy them I’ll be buying 70r. That’s the highest level my insurance will pay for. My co-pay would be $2850.00. I have had my marvels for around 3 and half years. They were returned to phonak last December cause the left rocker switch quit working. Supposedly both were completely rebuilt and batteries replaced. Have been satisfied with the marvels. My main attraction to the paradise is the life which is water proof.

1 Like

I thought the paradise was far superior to the marvel in many ways. Which means absolutely nothing. Trial the paradise then you can decide for yourself

2 Likes

That is my plan. I get a 14 day free trial. If there is much of a difference, I’ll buy them, if not I won’t.

1 Like

I usually go for the “latest and greatest” and am a first one on the block type. I was way ahead of the pack when the Marvels came out. When Paradise came out I went to my Audi to get it and he talked me out of it. Some of the new features are cool but he said I wouldn’t hear any better so why spend the $$. I’m waiting for the next generation.

2 Likes

I have had Marvels a while, and just recently got Paradise rechargeables. I honestly can’t tell the difference. The tap feature only works with Bluetooth streaming, which I don’t do. If you need more water resistance, the new Audeo Life might be just the thing. If you like Marvels, you will like Paradise, but don’t expect a lot of difference.

1 Like

That’s strange. The Phonak trial aids can be set to any of the performance levels at the whim of the prescriber. Simple setting in the prescribing software.

1 Like

Thanks for all the information.

I know that’s how it’s supposed to work, but the audiologist I saw struggled with trying to do it and we ran out of time during the appointment.

There’s a lot to like in the paradise models. Autosense 4.0 is a major improvement over 3.0

Hearing in motion means when I walk alongside someone, I no longer have to tilt my head or walk awkward to hear them.

4 Likes

That’s strange. Hard to know how Phonak could make it any easier.

1 Like

Dave, can you describe Auto 4 benefits a bit more?

I have M90-R HAs both of which have been in for replacement microphones. I’m looking for a used pair of P90-Rs.

1 Like

I upgraded from Marvel 70s to P90Rs a year ago and have found they’ve much enhanced my life. My hearing in social environments is better but more than that, the Bluetooth functionality is a great boon - hands-free phone calls and audio listening (radio, Spotify …) are marvellous.

4 Likes

My best advice for learning the difference between 3.0 and 4.0 is to go to the Phonak site. There’s a lot of subtle improvements in the OS’s. 4.0 allows for a lot of improvements in programming that aren’t available in 3.0.

Paradise can connect to 2 Bluetooth devices at the same time. Marvel’s can only connect to one.

If you care about technology, there’s no future upgrades available to the Marvel’s or in the app. All the recent updates to the App, don’t affect the Marvel’s.

My wife loves her Marvel’s. I’m a big fan of my paradise after moving to them from the Marvel’s

2 Likes

I got my Marvels in December of 2018, and then got the Paradise aids in October of 2020 (both rechargeable). I find that if I stream a lot during a day (both music and TV) using the Paradise aids, the battery in the primary aid will die after about 12 hours of use. So, it is common for me to switch back to the Marvels around 9 pm. I am a firm believer in “backups”, so I am glad I kept the Marvels. I did not notice much hearing difference with the Paradise aids, but do like having multiple Bluetooth connections. The ear tap is also nice to have, however, for answering my iPhone without removing the phone from my pocket. The moral of the story … buy the Paradise aids, but keep the Marvels also!

2 Likes

If I like the paradise that’s the plan. I’ll keep the marvels as back up. Thank you.

2 Likes

Interesting about your rocker switch issue. Mine had a similar issue where the rocker was nearly not working… she sent them back and put me in a loaner Paradise set while they were gone.

Other than playing with the bluetooth multiple device upgrade…and missing my T-coil, I don’t recall any noticeable difference in the function. I Only just had them a week or two.

Side note, my left rocker is again getting “sticky” in the volume down direction. I don’t understand it…I’ve been super careful to not get lotion or anything in them. Maybe a design flaw!

Anyway, good luck with your trial!

oh yes, I forgot about the tap thing. I can see it being somewhat useful.

You battery dying…I’m guessing yours must be the rechargeable version.

That’s the other thing I’d forgotten about my loaners…the paradise loaners I used were rechargeable. I did not like that! Anxiety about "what if I didn’t get them plugged in properly and they don’t take the charge? (what am I going to do tomorrow if that happens!?) It wasn’t an issue, but I am much happier with my 13 batteries!

1 Like

Very interested in this feature. I have a really hard time especially since I have Vertigo (labrynthine disfunction not BPPV) and turning my head creates more problems.