I have a dilemma maybe some of you can help.
I have a Linx3d 9, bought in June 2017. At the time it was the best option and I was under the impression that it will be at least 3-4 years till the next iteration. I paid about 1700e on it.
Now I understand that a new version is available ( quattro). I am not sure if I should upgrade…it’s again the same 1700e and in my country there is no buyback…and I am not sure how to sell this 3d ( which is useless if I upgrade). So basically my option now is to either: wait another 2 years until “5” ( basically skip a generation) or buy this now and hope it’s worth the upgrade.
I am not sure what to take in consideration. Linx3d works decently but hearing in loud environments, sometimes even normal conversations can be tricky, I also think my hearing deteriorated a bit so maybe it needs some extra calibration.
Lastly: I only have one good ear( right ), My left ear is completely deaf.
PS: I realize that quattro 5 is cheaper but I usually get the best version to have all the basis covered. I am not sure this is smart either but my audiologist says it’s better to have more channels. I am not really sure but oh well.
PPS: I’m sure some of you will say I should test it first. In my country I can only test it if I pay it upfront and then if I decide to return it they’ll keep a “testing fee” of about 200e. so even testing is an investment.