Upgrade to Oticon Intent after 5 years with Opn

I wear the bass dome with single vent on my OPN 1 since day 1. They were already readily available when the OPN 1 first came out. Given that you have no hearing loss at low frequencies, it’s understandable why your HCP fitted open domes for you before. But HCP should have mentioned the bass dome with vent option for you, which would enhance your streaming experience in the low ends by not leaking everything out. These bass domes even with just 1 vent instead of 2 vents still don’t give me any occlusion problem at all. Perhaps your HCP didn’t think about the streaming advantage of the bass domes and only focused on the correct fit for non-streaming application for you.

Yeah, I felt that the open domes worked well for my situation, letting in the low frequencies I still hear well.I think those natural low sounds still come right into my ears through the open bass domes, but a little less bass leaks out while streaming.

The improved speech comprehension the hearing aids give me is a critical necessity for living. Streaming music and podcasts is a bonus–not critical to me, but nice to have. But I’d say streaming phone calls is pretty critical to me as well–but in that case the bass sounds are not as important to me as they are when streaming music.