Upcoming Costco Appointment - Rexton Reach VS Philips 9050, Advice?

Yes, the wire is thinner and limp. If it’s pulling out I suspect it’s too short. Unless you are using the HP receivers you have options. The link above has everything you would ever need to know… It’s worth watching the short videos

1 Like

Thank you for the link and advice. I can see from the video that my Audi needs to measure and replace the current wires with shorter. I’ll try this first and then consider molds.

Costco didn’t receive my HA. Have a new appointment this Saturday. I know you were all holding your breath waiting for my report. It’s ok, just breath.

3 Likes

OK I got my Philips HAs yesterday. Still trying to fine tune them for me. Volume is excellent. I am still trying to get to get the voices to sound right. It seems like everyone has a lisp. Also trying yo find a place to buy the tv adapter. It seems like no one sells them except a place in Europe. Overall, so far, I am still on the fence with these. A little better information from Philips on where to purchase accessories would be a big help. I will be visiting the Costco for my follow up October 2 and I am keeping notes for the audiologist. Mary at the Costco in Henderson Nv is an excellent audiologist with years of experience and a very nice person too. I don’t think I could do her job and still be nice.

1 Like

So it’s confirmed there’s no Android handsfree on the Reach? No chance of it being added later?

I’m torn. Everything I’ve heard suggests that the Reach is a better hearing aid overall than the 9050, but after 4 years with handsfree (Phonak Brio 4’s), I don’t know if I can go back for 4 years while I wait for my insurance to roll back over. Being able to do all my meetings through my phone was all the difference in the world during the pandemic.

1 Like

Oh I’m sure it’ll be coming, the IX was updated just last month so it won’t be too far away.

1 Like

Interesting. I checked the Signia website and just saw this: " * LE Audio ready* *Future firmware update required". While that’s not guaranteed to come to the Reach, that’s a good sign. Thanks for that.

I want to share my experience with the Rexton Reach I tried on for two months and this is the first time to have a pair of hearing aids. In general, Reach is a fine hearing aid but I don’t have the luxury like you to try on two before deciding to pick the one you want. Costco Audiologist fitted me with a Rexton Reach R-Li T 80 with a medium power seal dome (I think) which made me feel like I was plugged in and heard funny from someone and my voice. So I asked to try out a different dome and she gave me a smaller seal dome. It made me feel better and hear more naturally instantly but I still find the clarity of the voice is not there. Then she told me the hearing aids would not give me 100% back to what I had but I felt it was muffled and could not understand someone talking in the distance. I think I will go to a different audiologist for another opinion, and I hope they can solve the clarity issue of my hearing aids or reprogram them. I have 40% loss on high bands down to -70db.

Do you have to use the app to tune “right for wife” in the car, or will the Rexton do a good job of that on its own?

This is my first post. My hearing is between 70dB and 80dB, and I have sensorineural hearing loss and can’t hear particularly low frequencies sounds. I tried Philips Hearlink 9040, Rexton Reach and Jabra Enhance Pro 20 at Costco. In the quiet environment of the fitting room, percentage of correct answers for the word hearing test were 26%, 40%, 55%, 65%, and 68% for no hearing aid, old CIC hearing aid, Philips, Rexton, and Jabra, respectively. Both Rexton and Jabra have a ’word lock on function’ or similar function, and I think it helps improve the hearing test score. By the way, this test was conducted in my native language, Japanese.
Next I walked around Costco talking with my family and Philips 9040 and Rexton are relatively good. Jabra was a little bad at talking to his family in noisy situations. That’s why I bought Rexto Reach and now testing it in my private environments. The pros of Reach I felt are that words sound clear in quiet situations, my own voice sounds very natural, and the battery life is very long. The cons is that noise reduction in noisy environments is a little unnatural, and there’s no equalizer in the smartphone app. I will continue the tuning at Costco. I would like to try Philips 9050 if it comes out at my local Costco.

2 Likes

Rexton Reach with LE Audio is now available with a firmware update.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the two 3 band equalizers that Philips has in their app. It really helps getting the hearing aids dialed in.

All the hearing aid manufactures should have one in their apps.

4 Likes

Thats awesome news, thank you!

1 Like

I was at Costco on 11/21 and Connexx did not show a firmware update was available my R-Li T 80. My firmware version is 25.0.902.3.
Can you help with source of the firmware update description?

The latest firmware is 25.5.972.3 Connexx version 9.12.2.280 and it has the LE Audio update

2 Likes

Rexcton reach update 9.12 ,has the android features you need.