Unitron vs Oticon Opn

I’m using Unitron moxi pros that are about 4 years old. The warranty is up soon so I’m thinking of trialing the Oticon Opn. the thing is I will have to pay a 10% fee if I don’t like them. My question is, has anyone one gone from the Unitron moxi Pros to the Oticon Opn hearing aids, and is there enough difference between the two to make it worth the change. I’ve read a lot to the reviews on the Opns, but not from anyone that changed from Unitron to the Opns From what I’m reading they sound like a great hearing aid. Thanks for any info offered.

KHz----.25----.5----1----2----3—4----6----8
L--------40-----55–60—55–45–60—70–85
R-------40-----50—40—55–60–75—75–85

You are in the midst of a new release. They all come with super hype. All the manufacturers tell us their new product is best. I guess this is my third-fourth such release and we always overreact.

10% return is twice what the normal clinic charges. Many charge nothing these days. And the 30 day trial is really to short to properly evaluate. If you are going to go with this return charge, I’d at least insist on a 60 day trial. If you have a fairly simple loss and have had good past success, you might consider buying online for a substantial savings.

Thanks KenP I have been looking at some of the online stores. Sounds like they don’t charge the 10% and the one I was looking at said they give a 60 day trial.

KHz----.25----.5----1----2----3—4----6----8
L--------40-----55–60—55–45–60—70–85
R-------40-----50—40—55–60–75—75–85

Um Bongo had a recent post where he said that people who previously had Sonova products (Phonak and Unitron) hated the new Oticon Opn. Here’s a link
(hopefully) http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?19987-Oticon-launches-Opn-hearing-aids-and-Velox-platform&p=146647#post146647

If you really want to try, I agree with Ken, look someplace you can do it for less money, if not free.

Thanks MDB I’ll check out that thread

Usually a more difficult ‘conversion’, not impossible though.