Unitron MoxiFit Pro

Yes, very true. The best hearing aids only give you a ~3-6 dB boost in signal-to-noise ratio in simulated lab situations (Opn claims of 9 dB yet to be independently determined) and there is evidence that these studies aren’t even really capturing real-life noise situations. Many people with significant hearing loss (say, thresholds above about 60 dB HL) need upwards of 8-12 dB improvement to do well in noise. Remote microphones are a good option, but most people aren’t willing to engage in the self-advocacy required to use a remote mic in a social situation.

As an aside, your double space bar taps after periods date you. You must have learned to type in the early 90s or earlier. :smile:

1 Like

:grinning: Yes, I think I took a typing class in Summer of 1969! Hadn’t realized that was now passe. Of course, I don’t think anybody takes a “typing” course anymore.

Even in Oticon’s own tests in the recent article posted here from Canadian Audiologist, their best SNR was less than 7dB and 1-2 dB better than the narrow directional aid. Then there’s how SNR is measured–50% accuracy rate. I like to hear a lot more than half of what’s going on!

0 Likes

MDB and Neville. Thank you very much. Your knowledge is impressive.

Then, must I tray Oticon OPN1 or stay with these Moxi Fit Pro?

I suppose OTicon must be much expensive because they are true MFi.

But what I need is to hear my students the best possible …and I don’t know what HAs to choose.

Jpeinado

1 Like

You started off saying that the new aid was a big help. Don’t lose sight of that. It is a base line for further review. Maybe you’ll find something better but you have a solid choice still available, if the next one isn’t as successful.

2 Likes

I think you are right KenP. Thank you very much

Jpeinado

0 Likes

Well, three weeks later, I am going to buy them. They are impressive. The soundnav (auto program) is impressive. They have an automatic program that works very well in all ambients. The ambient changes are incredible. The feedback control is very very good.

I recovered my passion for music. With the Siemens 701 this was impossible.

Jpeinado

2 Likes

That’s fab news. I’m please they work so well for you.

0 Likes

Hi again:

I bought them almost two months ago. They are very very good. This is a new life for me.

Thank you very much to all the people of this forum

2 Likes