Ultra/Super Power Hearing Aids with Semi-Linear option

Yeah but the interface is so hard to understand. I work in the software industry and I cannot seem to find this option in Genie 2. :confused:

@TallRobocop No idea, I haven’t used oticon, but not sure if you are talking about speech rescue?

2 Likes

Yes man, this is it. Thank you so much! I am on a 13" laptop so I didn’t see this option. Had to scroll down. I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Let me know how your Xceeds work out. I will be ordering P90-UP aids and waiting for Xceeds replacements. Through my healthcare provider l can get Signia premium power aids for 699 dollars each.

1 Like

I have a 14 inch laptop with 1080p display. I usually set the display scaling at 125 percent. I see items easy to read in all fitting programs.

Hey @Baltazard and @Terost, after enabling Speech Rescue, the speech got so much better. But not just that, I am also playing around with Sound Controls and I can sense a big difference in speech and voice quality depending on where I move the slider. I have just one question. If I increase the gain or play around with the soft sound perception slider (see GIF below), then the feedback margin area gets colored. What is the feedback margin area for? Should I aim for a setting where the feedback margin should not get colored?

GIF Recording 2022-10-06 at 2.31.50 PM

1 Like

@TallRobocop Not really sure, @cvkemp who uses oticon (I believe) perhaps can give you some tips.
My understanding, is what works best for you is where you should aim.
If I was you, I will start with the target fittings, then use the fitting assistant (under MORE TOOLS) to tweak them, bearing in mind that Feedback has got a different meaning.
+1 for the GIF

I don’t DIY and don’t even own a windows base computer anymore

1 Like

@cvkemp No worries; Hopefully someone in here with oticon DIY can help @TallRobocop

@TallRobocop Curious on what did you use for screen video capture?
Thx

I used Jumpshare for capturing GIF of my screen.

One thing about Oticon that’s bothering me is that unlike Signia, I am not seeing soft sound, medium sound and lound sound graph when fine tuning my hearing aids. If you look at the GIF, you will see it is only showing one line and that’s it. Any idea why?

1 Like

I don’t see the gain fine tuning in that GIF showing these, but if you use linear or nonlinear if changes, as all sound are compressed at the same level or not.

@TallRobocop @tenkan Not sure if these Signia settings are the same as Oticon’s:
Signia:

Oticon:

Actually i thought he was asking about the MPO handles, it’s different from the Signia, but does the same thing, it’s on the fine tuning page, soft, medium,loud, you can adjust it there. Number 5 on the picture.

1 Like

In Genie 2, if you want to see the curves for low, moderate and loud sounds you need to click on the “dB” button.
Screenshot_1
Screenshot_2

2 Likes

Yes that’s it! although it’s on by default, so unless it was changed it should show this.

Thanks! I had to enable them. They were not enabled by default which is weird. Signia seems to much better when it comes to their software. I will play around some more with Genie 2.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I know this may not be what you expected but this is what the hearing journey is like. I tried Phonak and spent time with Oticon, but I realized that the best hearing aid for my severe to profound loss has been Signia Charge & Go 7X SP. I reconfigured it and it’s been a breath of fresh air. There are a few reasons why:

1. I have been using Siemens hearing aids for 1.5 decades. Signia improves upon the same processor as Siemens so I am used to the voice. It’s just richer and clearer compared to other brands out there.

2. The Signia Connexx app’s default configuration is so good, it’s on point. I just had to change a few things. This brings me to the fact that their software is so easy to configure. It’s like they developed it for normal users to configure the hearing aids themselves.

I am glad that I tried other brands. Above all, playing with the configurations for over a year has taught me so much. I know exactly what each frequency does and how it impacts my hearing. I have just one question now and that’s related to an option called Tinnitus. Now I don’t have this problem and I have kept it disabled but in the volume area, the coupling was enabled. It’s a bit confusing. I made a video and I would appreciate the help here.

1 Like

I’m with you on this, I agree that the software is pretty good and very easy to follow (so is ReSound Aventa, SmartFit not so much) as for the tinnitus settings,you are able to set to 0 in the preference by default, but I’m not sure if that will uncheck the box by default on startup.

1 Like

Here’s how I handle my tinnitus. I don’t do anything. It just goes away on it’s own. However, if I think about it, or if I talk about it, or if I write about it (like now) then it comes back, strong and loud!!

Then I have to wait until I get distracted again and it goes away. I don’t do anything to help with getting distracted. My brain just moves on to some other thoughts and it goes away. The tinnitus stays off for a long time (days, weeks, even months) until I specifically think about having tinnitus again.

Though YMMV because we all have different brains. imo> The hearing aid tinnitus algorithms are simply distraction mechanisms and I never use them. I seem to have my own built-in self distraction mechanism.

1 Like