TV Adapter 3.0 new Firmware?

Yes, the firmware that was installed was version 4. The firmware updating procedure provides a clear message about which version the aids have and which version they will be updated to. Mine went from version 2 to version 4.

So far I would have to say that streaming has improved. I use my iPhone to stream podcasts and music while I am walking and it seems to work better. With version 2 I would sometimes get a “ping pong” effect where the sound would bounce back and forth between my two aids - this would last for a minute or two before fading away. I also experienced an occasional reboot from one or the other aid and so far since the update that has not happened. It is a bit early yet to say if this problem is cured but so far so good.

been close to a month now, usually I had a disco or two within this time window, as far as I’m concerned firmaware on both devices does seem to have fixed the discos.

It’s been about 3 weeks now for me and so far I have had one reboot but no disconnects. At this point I would have to say that the new firmware is an improvement.

I met with my audi today to update the OPN1. I brought my TV Adapter 3.0 in and asked her to update it, too. She plugged it in and she said the computer said that my TV Adapter has the latest update and there’s no new update available. I bought this TV Adapter back in November 2016 from eBay and have not had any update on it since then. So I had my audi call Oticon support and asked them about a new TV Adaptor 3.0 firmware update and they told her there is none at this time. They said they’re anticipating one in the future but not at the point.

^could be true, but then again support tells alot of horseshit.

as long as the genie was up to date and didn’t mention anything I would trust that.

By the way, I found out that if you want Speech Rescue to be turned on for streaming (from the TV Adapter or from the iPhone), you’ll need to have it enabled from the default program 1 in the OPN. If you’re trying out Speech Rescue and have it on a different program (like program 2 or 3 or 4) but not program 1, I’m not sure if the TV streaming will pick up the Speech Rescue setting on the other programs or not. I just know that I have it set for my program 1 and I notice Speech Rescue at work when I stream from the TV now.

This took a lot of inquiries from Oticon support to get the right answer from them. At first they said to just be in the program that has Speech Rescue when streaming, and I’m like “Huh? How can I be in one of the OPN regular programs when I must explicitly select the TV program to stream from the TV Adapter? Makes no sense!” So they went off to consult more knowledgeable people and came back and said put Speech Rescue in program 1 then streaming will pick up whatever setting you have in program 1 by default, and it does seems to be so after I’ve verified it.

I’ve only had my firmware 4 update for a little over a day now, but I normally would get fairly frequent reboots by either HA every day, especially when streaming from the TV Adapter. But so far no self reboots at all. Also, connection to the iPhone is no longer flaky like before. And when connection, quality is also much more stable (no disco/ping pong). So it’s very encouraging signs like Jferris33 and Gery_R have been reported.