Turn signals. Can't hear them. Solutions?

@MDB yes it’s changing slowly. Environmental sounds are more difficult for me than speech. But in the car it’s not a problem, indicators, reversing beeps and the wretched freeway toll etag. I can hear all these sounds now above engine noise providing I don’t have the radio on or husband is talking. I can hear emergency sirens as well, which is a blessing as it’s illegal not to pull over here. We can be fined if caught not doing so.

2 Likes

Turn signals, fire alarms inside the home, microwave beeper, dryer beeper etc., I could not hear for many years until Phonak came out with sound recover 2. I now can hear all these things, doesn’t bother me at all, enjoy them. I have had to set the timer on my phone to remind me of all these things. Now I hear the beepers and don’t have to set the phone timer.

Yes, hearing aids are getting better.

1 Like

@Raudrive Phonak sound recover 2 still didn’t help with any of the important environmental sounds you mentioned. Sigh inside the house, inside the car or emergency vehicles. Even not after it was fully activated, and all the vowels and consonants were moved across into my residual hearing.

I am really happy for you and the CI results. And I am happy the SR2 has helped me. I really hope I don’t lose anymore hearing. The CI scares the hell out of me but you have helped me understand much better about them.

1 Like

You could put a beeper on the turn signals and then the Phonak Marvels could suppress it with Whistle Stop. :wink:

1 Like

Im glad I can’t hear a turn signal. Theres an indicator light on the dashboard so I don’t see any need for an audible signal as well, I can clearly see when my turn signal is flashing.

1 Like

I’m having the problem on the hot rod (1927 Ford Model T Depot Hack). It doesn’t have self-cancelling turn signals, and I find myself looking down and discovering the signals are still on from a previous turn.

Is this a hearing loss issue or a forgetting issue?:kissing:
Use that left arm as a turn signal. I bet a bunch of younger members here don’t even know what that means.

3 Likes

Due to the oddity of the construction, there isn’t a window I can put my arm out. I drove trucks for years (decades, in fact) that didn’t have self-cancelling turn signals. So, I guess “forgetting issue” is the answer to your question.

Does your turn signal flasher click when activated? Most make noise you can hear.
Or, is the exhaust so loud you couldn’t hear it if it was making sound.
I am an old hot Rodder. Have a 68 Firebird now with a 30 over 455 and Muncie 4 speed.:heart_eyes:

1 Like

My rod isn’t that big

1966 Fairlane 500 with a Mustang Boss 351, and automatic.

1 Like