Tubing

Disconnecting the ear hooks for me, is so the ear hook can dry out properly. I’m more interested in keeping the HA going rather then making the tubing last longer.

I was thinking about disconnecting them last night as I made my post, but worried that the threads on the earhook would wear out quicker. But now I have plenty of replacements, so not a problem. Good solution, along with the puffer (I like that word better). Thanks.

You don’t have to take the ear hook off unless you have the thin tubes then don’t listen to me.

In away tho, if moisture did get up into the hearing aid, the tubing is cheap to replace but the hearing aid isn’t cheap to replace or repair.

This a picture of how I store my Naidas during the night but then I put them in my d&s.

My ear molds every night go into a cup of warm soapy water and stay there all night.

As the tubing is off, the d&s has a better chance of drying the ear hook out.

When I take my earmolds out of the cup in morning, I then dry them and puff the moisture out of the tubing.

I have twice walked into my Costco and they’ve just retubed the molds right there, for free. The first time, I didn’t even know it needed to be done. The dispenser just said, oh these need new tubes, give me a couple of minutes. My aids aren’t from Costco, either.