Trying to choose: Widex Clear 220-PA or 330-FU?

Hello everyone! I dropped off the grid for a bit – tried ReSound HAs which I was really not happy with, as my Widex Clear 220 were not performing as well as I hoped in certain situations (restaurant, singing rehearsals) although I was quite happy with them.

I made a last-minute decision to give the Clear 330 a go – my audiologist had some in stock with the Fusion behind the ear piece (the 220 are Passion, which means they are smaller – smaller batteries too – and don’t have a button to cycle through programs).

I liked the 330 a lot. (I already liked the 220 a lot.) I have the feeling that I can turn them up higher/louder without being bothered by the quality of the sound. I actually like the “background noise” they make. I really like having the button to cycle through programmes (this means I’m using the MDEX way less). The fact they’re a bit bigger means they are not quite so comfy in certain situations (wearing headphones, putting my head down) but I think I can live with that.

Their big disadvantage? About 2000 CHF more expensive than the 220s.

So I’m hesitating. I’m not sure if I’m imagining that they’ perform better (because they’re more expensive) or if they really are. It’s really time for me to make a decision but I’m finding it pretty hard. I’m starting to wonder if I should try the 220s with a FU ear piece (so I have the button). I think I’m starting to overthink all this and I need to make a decision soon, or I’ll just lock myself in between impossible choices.

Any advice welcome. The 220 are definitely good enough. I can afford to pay the extra 2000 for the 330, but am worried that its better performance may be in the eye of the beholder.