Trouble understanding speech with Phonak Nathos Auto UP

Hi , I was fitted with two of these on Friday . They replace my danalogics which I’ve had for a while . I’m struggling to hear with these ( excuse the pun ) so much background noise but unable to understand speech ? Also certain sounds have disappeared ? Can’t hear a door close whereas I could with the Danalogics . Has anyone had this issue!

Hi thank you , Do I post it on here or elsewhere ?

Thanks for sharing your audiogram.

Are your aids fitted with custom earmolds?
Frequency lowering technology will help you a lot.

Hi , thanks for answering , I have custom fitted ear molds I think ? Impression is taken of inside my ear with a soft clay like substance and sent off to be made . It’s day three of using the phonak and things are no better yet .

1 Like

Since you have earmolds, feedback issues are a simple tuning problem. You and the aids need to go back to the fitter for proper fitting. I personally never had feedback issues with any Phonak aids.
Good luck.

Thank you , I’m due back in six weeks for a speech test . However , I’m going to see if I can be seen before then .

Just An update . Though the paperwork I was given was for a phonak nathos auto up I was actually fitted with the sp version hence my struggle . I now have the up version and everything is so much better .

5 Likes

I do wonder how some of the NHS audiologists managed to get their qualifications.

1 Like