Trax 42 longevity?

I seem to always say Rexton when I mean Resound.

I tried a store walk around recently. It felt weird. Not thinking, I went alone so there was nobody to talk to. I got the feeling people thought I was loss prevention because I kept trying to get close enough to hear conversations without being intrusive.

Acoustically, this is one of the oddest environments to test a hearing aid. High ceilings, hard floors, lots of strange noises. Definitely not a place where one wants to make a few thousand dollar decision based solely on a trial for a few minutes.

It’s funny that I hear people on the forum mention the walk around the store test and getting a loaner set of aids while yours are being repaired. The Costco here in Utah says they don’t have any trial or loaner aids. Sure wish they did.

Ya I can relate to that! No big deal, thank you very much for your advise!

It could be a state law thing. Some have said that’s the case in some Canadian provinces also.

I’ve had my Trax replaced more than once as well. Had about a year’s run on the last set. I just had the right side replaced in June because the right side wasn’t communicating with the other side or the SmartConnect. In August, my Left started to all of a sudden feedback loudly then crash and try to reboot. Then repeat, then work for a while, then cut out…blah, blah, blah.

I sent the left back. In both cases, I got new “modules” (new aids). The casings were new. Rexton and Costco have been excellent service-wise.

For now, everything works. I’ve been using trax42 for a little over 2 years now. I think I will be changing brands next round. Possibly back to Phonak. Brio2 or Brio3 if they are out by the time I need them.

Evil.

I’m past my 3 years warranty on my Trax 42, and now have a problem with the left HA. It is stuck on the first setting, one beep, if I push the top button nothing happens, and if I push the bottom button it will beep twice, but goes back to one beep. Costco cleaned them for free, but the next day it started all over again. They will send them in to be rebuilt for $165.00 and it will take about 2 weeks. They also told me that after 5 years they quit carrying repair parts.
Just wondering if I shoul be looking for another pair?

There are places online that will repair after 5 years.

Even if they only last a year, $165 for a year of hearing aid use is pretty cheap. If when they’re working they do the job you need them to do, keep them.

1 Like