To Telecoil or not to Telecoil

I was talking about Naida Paradise, look at the picture

1 Like

Yes, it’s important to specify what one is talking about.

1 Like

Those have different fitting ranges. I’d be more concerned the HA fits my hearing loss/prescription than the telecoil vs the niceties the other one has.

WH

2 Likes

Yes, I recently bought the Signia AX7’s with the telecoil precisely because it gives a much longer rechargeable battery life. To be hones that was my only consideration. These aids are available without telecoil. That’s a slimmer model. That didn’t matter to me, so I went with an additional 12 hours (if I remember right) battery life.

1 Like

A lot depends on where you live. I live in Sun City Texas which had only 2 looped facilities when I moved here 8 years ago. With a little education of the Community Association and the ability to install loops when floor was replaced, this is now the list of looped facilities in Georgetown. - - There may be even more since this list was compiled about 3 years ago
Facilities within Sun City that are looped:

Ballroom at the Social Center on Texas Dr

The Atrium, the Computer Annex and Classroom at the Activity Center

Fitness classroom at the Texas Dr. Fitness Center

Georgetown/Florence room and the fitness Classroom at Cowan Creek

The auditorium at the Retreat

And in Georgetown at large

• Georgetown City Library – 2nd Floor
  • Georgetown City Council Chambers
  • Palace Theater

Churches

• Cross & Crown Lutheran Church
  • Faith Lutheran Church
  • First U Methodist Sanctuary and McKenney Ministry Center
  • First Presbyterian Church & Fellowship Hall
  • Georgetown Church of Christ
  • Grace Episcopal Church
  • Grace Presbyterian Church
  • San Gabriel Presbyterian Church
  • Santa Rosa De Lima Catholic Church in Andice
  • St. Helen Catholic Church
  • New Hope Church
1 Like

Oh, that’s interesting! Is the increased charge available due using Telecoil rather than Bluetooth has less power draw, or is the battery bigger because the case is bigger?

I’m not sure, but the case is bigger, so I simply assumed a larger battery. In any case there’s a larger battery capacity. That’s as far as I needed to know, since the price was the same. Ummm, my current audi leaves something to be desired in some ways…

1 Like

Do you use the Telecoil functionality? Are you in Australia?

I’m in California. I have bluetooth to connect with my pbone, although I can use speaker phone just fine. I haven’t used telecoil functionally yet. But the aids are new. I hear pretty well without the telecoil, so that was never really a selling point for me.

1 Like

Steph, if you are near a Costco store suggest you check them out. Top of the line Phonaks rebranded as Kirkland were $2.5K AUD.
Now they have the KS10s which are a Donovan rebrand. $2.K AUD

I’m in Sydney.

1 Like

Who’s Donovan? KS10 as you mentioned are Phonak.

Sorry, Sonova. Didn’t check Spellcheck.

1 Like

Here is some great information on Hearing Loops. When you have a telecom and are in a looped room, the sound is going directly from the speaker’s microphone to your ear - there is nothing better for a person with hearing aids. It is better than BT because is not always reliable. When BT works, it is good. But it has too many inconsistencies.

Mike in PA

1 Like

Sorry, forgot the link

1 Like

Yes, Sonova is the parent company of Phonak. The KS10 case looks like Hansaton to me. KS10 is similar to, but not exactly the same as Phonak Paradise as many on here claim.

Checked on the specification sheets and indeed, the battery capacity for the rechargeable Phonak Paradise P90-R(T) are the same, so no difference.

1 Like

Yes on Telecoil! While on a Viking River boat tour in Europe the day tour guides used a transmitter and the tour group was issued ear bud headphones receivers. As I used hearing aids, the buds can’t be used. They fitted me with a telecoil necklace and that saved the day. Otherwise, I would not have been able to participate.

3 Likes

Technically it’s a personal neck-mounted induction (hearing) loop. The telecoil is in the aids.
Nice positive experience with it though.

1 Like

Yes! This is what I am expecting will be an option for art gallery tours and at public lectures etc which I go to frequently. My audiologist is new to Australia and so did some research on what is available here - she was impressed and agreed they would be a good option for me. I’m in!