To good to be true?

OK, I made an appointment for next week. They tell me the $4,495 MSRP model for $895 is the Audibel Platinum. I can’t find this model on the Audibel website. The store said this is not a discontinued model. Hey guys…any insight.

General rule of thumb, if something sounds too good to be true…it usually is.

Never heard of the Audibel platinum. Audibel hearing aids are Starkey hearing aids. Again, MSRP is total bunk. The industry hasn’t put MSRP values on a hearing aid in years…and when they did, the numbers they used were absolutely absurd. There is no hearing aid on the market worth paying nearly $5000 each for.
none.
anywhere.

I’d say, MAX $3000 for the top-of-the-line-newest-thing-out-there available.

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

There is really no such thing as an Audibel Platinum. It would be like saying a Ford SUV.

They have various types of technology, and within each type they have models called Silver, Gold and Platinum.

So a non-discontinued Platinum anything for $895 sounds great. But we’d have to know which specific model to see if it is too good to be true.

It may not be discontinued, by virtue of the fact they can still order it. But it may be superseded at this time, which is my suspicion.

Platinum is the model name.

I think Starkey called it the S Series 11? Whatever the highest S Series was.

It is an older technology, but I am still surprised if they fit a Platinum for that low!!

Sorry that’s not correct. They use the term Platinum to refer to the top of the line. But there are various models that could be Platinum ranging from some old S Series stuff, right through to the Wi and X Series under the Audibel equivalent name.

Of the models that have three versions, Platinum is the best. But without knowing which model we are talking about it could be the best of the Destiny for all we know.

As I dug deeper in the Audibel web site it looks like the Range technology comes in “silver”, “gold”, and “platinum”. The Platinum looks to be the best. If they are selling this for the $895 price, should I be looking for a lot of extra add ons or options that will be presented to me. If so, what might they be and what is a reasonable cost?

Again…sorry of all the questions, just trying to do my homework before I meet with any high binder.

That’s ok, ZCT.

Virtue 12 is old school top of the line. Same line had Virtue 4, 8, and 12.

Platinum replaced Virtue 12 as top model. There was also Silver and Gold levels.

That was replaced by Platinum Plus. Also had Silver PLUS and Gold PLUS.

That was replaced by XT Platinum. Currently have XT Silver and XT Gold.

That was replaced by Range Platinum. Currently have Range Silver and Range Gold.

I am assuming if it JUST said Platinum then it is the model that replaced Virtue 12?

:slight_smile:

Seriously, I bet Starkey has a full time employee to make up all the new names for all their child companies!!

When regular Platinums were created they were fantastic.

16 bands,I believe. 12 channels. Something like that.

They were once fit from 2500-3000 per device.

If you are truly getting a Platinum for 895 (even the original first Platinum), you are in for a quite a treat! Especially for 895!!!

I don’t understand how they can fit a Platinum (any of them) for 895, to be honest. Keep us updated on this.

I think you are subtly giving me good advice.

Well that was once true, but shortly after these aids were launched, they introduced the Virtue 2 and the Virtue 16.

The former was the new low end budget aid, and the latter became top of the line, pushing the 12 down to second best.

Once they have paid off the R&D bill, and have been making them for a long time, they can afford to offer them for a lot less.

It’s kind of like Apple. You can now get an iPad 2 for $399, or an iPhone 3GS for nothing.

Or computers. When I bought my last laptop it was $1700. I just sold it for $250.

When something is state of the art, just invented, the hottest thing on the market, using the latest and most expensive chips, you pay a premium for that. And a few years later it’s a lot less.

I remember buying a desktop computer for $2500 in the year 2000. Now I could pick up a computer for $400 that would make my old desktop look like a relic from a museum.

In technology terms, the once impressive Destiny/Virtue is a dinosaur. Although that said, the feedback management system would still put some hearing aids of today to shame.

I’m a Starkey/Audibel fitter. I agree with what you are saying… but my cost to buy an outdated Platinum would make it impossible to fit an aid like that at the price he was saying.

What ever happened with this? I’m still wondering.

Well remember some dealers may have a volume discount/rebate, some may have agreed to buy X number of units for a special price etc.

This is true. We get volume discounts also at times… I guess the original poster forgot about this thread. I was hoping to get the scoop!

Ever wonder why manufacturers in almost every field give their retail dealers additional discounts for quantity purchases?

From a consumer perspective this could have negative effects with the sellers pushing the items they get at a lower cost.\

All that type of merchandising is OK in the general consumer retailing industies. But is it OK in an industry where the consumer is totally dependent on the purveyor for advice and recommendation?

On the other hand hearing aid professionals must provide their patients with a satisfactory outcome or the patient will return the aids for a refund. What do you think? Ed

What do you think? Ed

I think that you think too much.

This obsession of yours with some imaginary hearing aid supplier Mafia is not healthy.

We are talking about HEARING AIDS - not 9/11 or North Korea or JFK or UFOs.

From a consumer perspective this could have negative effects with the sellers pushing the items they get at a lower cost.

Or maybe the dispenser gets a lower price on a product he/she WANTS to fit because it work well and so is prepared to buy in quantity?

On the other hand hearing aid professionals must provide their patients with a satisfactory outcome or the patient will return the aids for a refund.

Bingo! That’s how the capitalist world works. And it DOES work - even in the world of hearing aids.

Hey Guys…
Sorry for not responding to this thread, I haven’t been on the forum for a while. Anyway…“now the rest of the story”.

For those that don’t want to read to the end of this post…YES, IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

I went for my hearing test and yes I do need hearing aids. After the audi completed the test she started her sales pitch. She recommended the “Audibel Range Platinum” for my hearing problem. Price…$2,500 per aid. I asked what aid was priced at $895, she said it was a “Start 5”. She didn’t have a “Start 5” nor even a picture of it. As she described the “Start 5” it was one of the older large clunky “in the ear” models.

I asked her what their top of the line model was at 80% off. She said it was the “Audibel Range Platinum”. Based on that, the regular retail price would be $25,000 per pair. I laughed at her and said I didn’t believe they sold many at that price. I told her that when I made the appointment I was told the Range Platinums were the $895 aid. She said the person answering the phone was mistaken and she would correct them.

The audi then said she had her masters degree and is close to having her doctors degree. She said she hates the deception part of the business. I really felt sorry for her. I truly believe she wants to help people and is forced to lie and deceive.

By the way, I then went to Sam’s. The audi “Robin” also tested me. I believe she was more through than the first audi. She explained the aids she thought I needed and explained why. With Sam’s 90 day return policy I decided to give they a try. I am now wearing a $3,000 pair of Liberty aids.

I went back to Robin after a week and explained a couple of concerns. She made some adjustments. I believe…and so does the wife…that these aids have made a big difference in my hearing. TV not as loud, not as many huhs, and I understand what is being said.

Based on my experience at Sam’s I think the hearing aid business may want to change it’s business model. I am totally convinced the audi makes the difference. Those audi’s that want to help people instead of 'selling used cars" will migrate over to the Sams and Costcos.