Time to replace my old aids

In the US, if you return the aids within the allotted time, you get a full refund. Then it’s up to you if you want to buy another hearing aid. If your appointment is 10 weeks out, I think there’s an excellent chance the KS8 will be available by then.

Your time, all of you, on this is really appreciated.
If all goes according to Hoyle, my test is April 04 and if ordered, the fitting would be April 18. Follow up April 30 and May 02 I take off for the month. What you have outlined should take me into July on the trial.

Many thumbs up.

I reached out to Costco.ca to ask ETA on KS8.
Let’s see how they avoid a direct answer.

I very recently purchased the Zerena model and so far I like it but I do have a fitting appointment next week and there are a few issues that need to be addressed. Our house has high ceilings and tile floors and the sound is very sharp. We had a couple over last night and with everyone talking it was hard to hear the person I was speaking to. It is very good outdoors and the BT with the iPhone is great. So much better than the Brio2 that t tried a while back. I have the model with the T coil and 2 buttons which makes the aid a little larger so I am going to request one with the T coil which I will never use. Most of the time I forget I am wearing them which is good.

Hi J.
Thanks for your input, keep us posted.
I gather the Phonak was a trial?
If you don’t mind, did you have something before or is this your first go with hearing aids?

10 weeks out?

Is this how long you have to wait to be seen for adjustments?

No, it is the 1.5 hour session for original session with full test. Normal adjustments (15-min) are usually within a week to 10 days.

10 days!? Your aid goes dead and you have to deal with it for 10 days? I had no idea this was the case with Costco.

Ken is right. Me having to wait until April is because it is a full 90 minute appointment for test and ordering new devices. More and more (especially older) people are moving from denial to action and supply of testing at Costco can’t keep up with demand.

No I was talking about standard adjustments. If you have greater need they will address it between appointments where they’ve a few minutes available. I had one die and just got in the car and went. Costco is about customer service.

Beside the fitters the department has a knowledgeable secretary. Many of them are studying for their fitters license and able to address immediate, non-adjustment problems.

Keep trying. :smile:

Not trying anything. This is all new information. Those numbers are not acceptable. I’m genuinely surprised they are so popular given this new info.

whahuh, I’m not a “bells-and-whistles” guy either but the Blutooth feature with my Resound Cala 8s (Costco Resound nomenclature for LINX2s) is fantastic. My hearing is much worse that yours so I can no longer communicate on a conventional telephone. But, I can communicate on an Iphone routed right in to my hearing aids via Bluetooth just great! That feature is hugely important to me, it is the difference between being able to use a 'phone or not!

audiometrix_hearing; your profile says provider. Do I get it it right that you are just tossing bricks at the competition and not reading what Ken is saying?
Costco does deal with emergencies when they come up. I too have just walked in and recieved attention. You may have to go look at the meat section to kill a few minutes but you will be dealt with.

Cooper, thanks. Good to know.

Provider yes. Before joining here I didn’t realize Costco was considered a viable option. I’ve learned a lot. They have very affordable off brand stuff and that made sense. Cheap sells. However this is the first I’ve heard of the extreme wait times. I’m trying to understand the user base. Not a smear campaign. Genuinely want to know what makes people pick Costco.

Audiometrix_hearing, if you were paying attention, with an open mind, you would have read about wait times. “Extreme” is your reactionary word, that I’ve not seen used by anyone else, to describe Costco appointments.

How long does the process take in Colorado Springs? Does the fact there are dozens of private clinics competing, affect wait times? Oh, and yes, from testing, through fitting and a follow up, what would it cost me for a Bernafon Zerena at your facility? How much for ongoing, periodic adjustments over 5 years?

If you “Genuinely want to know what makes people pick Costco” you might want to start a new thread asking just that. I can even do it for you, if you like. Tthen you can take the discussion of Costco and why people pick them, away from MY thread, which was created for me to learn about technology advancements, over the last 8 years.

You might also ask why techs are leaving private clinics to join Costco and why the major manufacturers are lining up to get their products in Costco.

If you really are in learning mode, do some research. Google is good and you could start here: Costco Hearing Aid Review: Who Makes Costco Hearing Aids?

Remove the VA from the equation because, it is apples and oranges and Costco is number one in the US. They must be doing something right, or else there are an awful lot of gullible people out there.

I will be happy to join your new thread to fill you in on my choices. Otherwise I’m done with this discussion here.

Actually, Costco isn’t necessarily cheap. However, it does offer value. I say that as a person who operated as a retail consultant to the food industry.

Costco doesn’t use lost leaders. Their day to day pricing is just slightly above overhead. Much of their profit comes from membership fees.

Costco grocery offers unique and premium items. But, super markets are often below them on sale items. Dry goods are a different story but the mix is strong on grocery.

A thrifty shopper will shop Costco and local using the ads to stock up quantities similar to Costco bulk packaging.

Costco customer mix is upwardly mobile. I doubt their first reason is cost.

This is hilarious and comes right out of Abbott and Costello, Who’s on First?
I hope Costco is reading this exchange with member service.

Me:
It is time to replace my 8 year old Rexton hearing aids, purchased at Costco, Vancouver BC.

Do you have an anticipated date for the Kirkland KS8 to be available in Canada?

Thank you.
T…

Costco:
Dear T…
Thank you for contacting Costco.

Please be advised that any replacement or refund will be granted by the warehouse manager’s discretion.

If you have any further inquiries, please visit your local warehouse or call our member service agents at 1-800-463-3783, Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST. They will be happy to assist you.

Me:
Thank you for your reply but you didn’t answer my question.
T…

Costco:
Dear T…

Please reply with an item number and which warehouse location you saw the hearing aid device. We will then be able to further assist with your request.

If you have any further inquiries, please reply to this e-mail or call our member service agents at 1-800-463-3783, Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST. They will be happy to assist you.

Me:
Good grief, this is ridiculous.
Please…

I repeat my original question, how can anyone not understand what I am asking?

It is time to replace my 8 year old Rexton hearing aids, purchased at Costco, Vancouver BC.

Do you have an anticipated date for the Kirkland KS 8 to be available in Canada?

Thank you.
T…

Costco:
Dear T…

We have forwarded your inquiry to the appropriate buying team for review. We will advise when we have further information.

If you have any further inquiries, please reply to this e-mail or call our member service agents at 1-800-463-3783, Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST. They will be happy to assist you.

Summary

This text will be hidden

LOL What a farce.

You should send them to the CEO/President of Costco.

Haha, Ken, thanks for the link. It is in his inbox now. I took the high road, said it wasn’t a complaint and I just wanted to share a good laugh with him.

To be continued…

My guess is it’s an auto-responder picking up keywords and responding with canned phrases. Not actually responding to the specifics of the request.