Thread to Announce Latest ReSound Smart Fit Updates

You probably should upgrade the firmware on the NoahLink wireless if the fitting software is asking you too. The Noahlink wireless updates are all backwards compatible so you don’t need to worry about it.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll do the upgrade.

Hello. I’ve had trouble installing Aventa. It wouldn’t let me install without having Noah3 software. On the Himsa website, I downloaded and installed Noah4, and it allows me to use it during a trial period. However, I still can’t connect the hearing aid because the aventa program only supports Hi Pro or NOAH Link, and I have Noahlink Wireless. Do I need a newer version, or does Linx2 only work with NOAH Link?

Hi there, ok so your doing something wrong, you definitely don’t need or want Noah software, that for the clinics to use(if they want) so it seems to me you haven’t installed Aventa in standalone mode, uninstall Aventa and reinstall making sure you tick the check box for “standalone”
Aventa and Linx2 support and use Noahlink wireless (or Airlink 2) you definitely don’t want a NOAHlink or HiPro, those are pretty much obsolete, plus a hassle to set up.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I’ve uninstalled everything and reinstalled Aventa in standalone mode. It works well, but it still doesn’t have support for Noahlink Wireless. It doesn’t detect the hearing aid, and when I go to preferences, programming interface, only HiPro or NOAHlink are listed. I’ll send you a screenshot.

Hi David,
Can you give me advise on where I could download a copy of the ‘Resound Smart Fit’ version 1.16 or whatever is the latest version.
Thanks in anticpation

The latest version is 1.17

Check your PM.

This is the very old Aventa, this is why it doesn’t support Noahlink wireless, you need the version 3 at least, but if you just download the SmartFit in the link I sent it comes with Aventa pre installed, you’ll be good to go from there.

1 Like

I own two Resound Omnia. My smart fit version 1.16 was updated to 1.17 via internal upgrade. When I connect, the 2 units are recognized, however the connection to the units is failing with error message “no connection”. I used previosly tversion 1.16 with success with my Noahlink Wireless (a few days ago). I have checked everything, the version of Noahlink, no bluetooth in my android GSM, Omnia full loaded.
Does anybody have a simlar problem (using win 11)?

Quite a few versions of Smart Fit ago, I would have the experience that updates wouldn’t work to produce a functional new version of Smart Fit. But completely reinstalling the new version of Smart Fit would. The last few versions of Smart Fit, I’ve been able to update from within the program successfully. I’m on version 1.16 and haven’t tried in-app updating to 1.17, though. If you have a working link to the download site, you might try installing a complete version of 1.17 (I don’t have a current working link-my original link no longer works). I have been on Win11 for several versions of Smart Fit since the summer of 2021, IIRC.

1 Like

Yes definitely uninstall and reinstall is the most common way of fixing, again another reason I don’t recommend updating unless it’s absolutely necessary, but for you there is a known issue with Noahlink and win11 (sometimes 10) updating the Noahlink driver can fix non connection issues.

https://www.himsa.com/support/noahlink-wireless-knowledgebase/troubleshooting-noahlink-wireless/noahlink-wireless-driver-may-need-to-be-reinstalled-on-windows-11/

1 Like

A few days ago, I used the 1.16 without problems in the same configuration. The 1.17 does recognize the units via Noahlink, but only the connection as a next step does not work. I will follow the recommendation of @tenkan, but do I not loose all my sittings? What does an export, do I save all my sittings data?

Backing up your settings is always a good idea. I export mine to the cloud just in case my computer or an SSD becomes inoperable. But, IIRC, you can install a new complete new version of Smart Fit over the old, and the new install preserves your settings. Perhaps @tenkan is advising its best to wipe the old version before installing the new?

@tenkan
many thanks. I first backed up my settings with export, then I have completely uninstalled the 1.17 (with Revo). Thereafter I have reinstalled the 1.17, infact every data was cancelled, and I imported the saved html version of my data back. The data was shown correctly in the program and the connection was performed.
Why I needed the program, my receiver right was to be replaced by a new one. The serial of the new receiver changed and there was a terrible acoustic feedback. The calibration in the program has reduced this and the new serial was shown. But I was not able to change what they call DFS Ultra.
Does someone have an Idea how to manage this?

For future reference, normally if you install a new version of the SmartFit programme over the existing version, the installer automatically removes the old version first and you don’t lose your settings, which are transferred to the new version by the installer.

Why couldn’t you change the DFS Ultra setting?

3 Likes

I was not able to find it in the program in order to change it. Only when I look at the end of the general characteristics the feesback is set at the lowest level.
How do I get it?

If you are in the SmartFit program looking at the gain adjustments screen, select the next tab “Advanced Features” and then select “Comfort” in the second row of tabs.

You will see a list of features and DFS is an item in the list. You can change the setting there.

But note that it’s a per program setting, so you need to change it in every program and you can change it one side or both sides. The default will change it both sides, which is probably not what you want. There is a black dot to show the recommended setting. You should keep it as low as you can without getting feedback. In particular the strong setting is not recommended for speech because it reduces comprehensibility.

@david.hendon ,
many thanks

I have 1.7 which refuses to update. Anybody willing to share?
Many Thanks

Hi there, sure it’s available, I wonder why you can’t undate tho.