Thoughts on this product? CapVoice from South Korea

Someone sent me info on this, and I was curious if people would use something like this.

More details: CapVoice Brochure_181106.pdf (1.7 MB)

■ Type : Personal hearing amplifier
■ Model : Capvoice HA-100S
■ Intended for mild, moderate and severe hearing loss
■ Battery : Lithium Polymer Battery 3.7V (600mAH)
■ Battery Life : 20 hours at minimum in continuous use
■ Audio processing : 48Kfs DSP audio processing
■ Working temperature : -25℃ ~ 65℃
■ Weight & Size : 39g / 45(W) x 64(H) x 15(D)
■ Origin : made in Korea
■ FCC Certification approved

CapVoice Brochure_181106.pdf (1.7 MB)

I’ve heard that they’re useful for hearing impaired patients in the hospital. Change the earpieces and staff have an easy way to communicate without yelling. I think it would also have been helpful for my father in law who hated his hearing aids and didn’t wear them most of the time. I think using something like this when he felt left out of a group conversation would have been helpful.

It depends upon the cost. I have expensive hearing aids. Many cannot afford them. This may be a device that could help individuals on a low or fixed income especially if it became easily available. I have friends that use very crude amplifiers that help very little.

A trial would be interesting.

Jeff

This appears to be similar to the Bellman Mino I have been using as a replacement for my hearing aids.
Being able to place the microphone closer to the person(s) speaking is very helpful for me.
The directional microphone on the Bellman is useful in a noisy environment as well.

Looks interesting. Of course, cost would be a big factor. One thing is a deal breaker for me. I can’t stand to wear ear buds like the ones that are shown with it. If it came with smaller transducers so domes could be used, I might give it a try.