The Real Cost of Hearing Aids?

I know Oticon’s prices were raised when the Real was released. Prior to that I paid $2820 for a new pair of More 1 excluding their service charges. I believe the price went up a little over $300 for the Real or More. I will know for sure in 3 weeks when I exchange the More for Real.

1 Like

True, gross margin is 77%, but that excludes R&D, distribution and other expenses which seem very relevant from a cost perspective. Their operating margin was 20% which seems surprisingly low.

1 Like

This is very interesting. I live in Charlotte area but used Duke medical services for many years for issues I had. I have a high regard for their services.

This could be plan B for me if I am not satisfied with new Costco aids. Did you get a discount on aids? Would they offer remote services in state? Finally, would you recommend them.

FWIW, this would be a 2.5 hour drive one way for me too.

Thanks

I do not know about remote services in state. Their services are unbundled from the cost of the aids but initial purchase includes fitting and first 60 days of service. The testing, done previously, was covered by my health insurance.

I would recommend at least the South Durham office. I would say they are better than by experience at Costco in Greensboro. I will DM more details later when I get home.