The new Starkey's Xino 70 model

audiogal, does this method work for Xino 70? and how much is the price for one hearing aid of Xino 70 that you know?

So you are wearing Resound Future now with 65 dB receiver…the RIC one with the bud tip on the end? so you don’t need special mold for it right? my audi said it might not be enough for me if I use the receiver with bud tip (not mold) because it will cause feedback if he turn up the power to be loud…he said that my ear has to be fully covered with the mold in order to be able to get more power with minimal feedback, and that’s why I need to buy the customer power mold with receiver incased inside the mold…is it true? any thoughts on this…

ZCT, so in your opinion which lower level hearing aid that can work with this remote control method to gain maximum feedback management? Wi? or S series IQ?

No, I have a skeleton mold into which the 65dB receiver fits. But the receiver is removable, so a receiver failure does not require a factor repair.

It works very well. I get less feedback from these aids than any I have had in the past. Even the Starkey Wi would feed back more that these do.

John, do you have BTE or RIC type? the tubing that connect your hearing aid to the mold, is it thin or thick?
What is the skeleton mold… is it made from soft silicon material like the regular mold?
Since you have severe hearing loss, most likely your audi will recommend you to use conventional/regular mold that made from soft silicon and can fully cover your whole ear, isn’t it…the reason is by using that kind of earmold it would maximize the power…
From what I know skeleton mold still has a hole on it…

Oh you’re right, that was on the regular line of the new aids, not the xino style

It’s not a question of opinion, the Wi is the only range of aids made by Starkey that can talk to a remote. So if the solution involves a remote, only the Wi will work.

I have RIC, or maybe I should say RIM (receiver in mold). The mold is a hard plastic skeleton mold. The mold seals the ear up, but I do have a small pressure vent. I’ve had full shell and half shell over the years, but the skeleton is the best so far.

I get ample power, almost no feedback, and decent bass. Although sometimes I plug up the vents with tissue if I want to maximize bass while listening to music.

I don’t have enough experience with Starkey to be able to comment on their feedback system.

However I can say that Phonak & Unitron now deliver aids with excellent feedback managers.

I suspect that you will probably have little in the way of feedback issues with most modern products from the key players.

On the last benchmark test I saw Starkey was at 25dB added stable gain, the next best manufacturer could only achieve 15dB. With dB being a logarithmic scale, that’s quite a difference. Also when you consider that some manufacturers are still having issues with entrainment, while others tackle feedback by actually crippling the high frequency capability of the aid, I’d say there are some pretty significant issues out there.

So even with lower level of Wi (i70),…as audiogal said, if we using the remote trick…we can maximize the feedback management up to the same level as the higher level of Wi (i110)?

When my audi was fitting the Xino aid for me several days ago, I mentioned that sometimes the right ear’s hearing aid has always been going on and off suddenly, pausing the sound or voice, so when people talk to me or if there’s any sound around me, it always sounds on and off…voice and sounds are always being cut off randomly by the right ear’s hearing aid. When I asked her if it’s broken, she told me that it’s because of the compression and the aid tries to lower/compress the noise and it’s a part of noise management. However, after trying it out for a while, the right ear’s hearing aid keep cutting off sounds by going on/off briefly, but the left ear’s hearing aid never has this issue and sounds ok. So it’s very uncomfortable for me because I am hearing not balanced…while the left ear’s aid is performing ok without pause or break or voice being cut off randomly; the right ear’s aid is performing otherwise…if it’s because of the noise/feedback management feature as she said, both of the aids should be performing the same (pausing the voice/going on and off)…not only just one.
Please advise how can this be fixed. Thank you.

Feedback management is about the same across all Starkey hearing aids. What you are talking about is Voice IQ, which is a proprietary system for improving speech understanding in a background noise.

And yes technically you can up the filtering to be similar to the i110, the lessor aids have fewer channels, so the results will still be great, but not as great as the top of the line.

A big company like Starkey isn’t going to give you the ability to get top of the line results from a product that is substantially cheaper, or word would get around and no one would purchase top of the line.

The problem is fixed by taking the aid to a competent hearing professional that doesn’t try to BS you about a faulty aid, and actually fixes the hardware or software as necessary.

Well susi…how is your Xino!!! can you tell us…i am going to purchase new xino cic model of xino 90 series