The Great Gun Debate

Who in this day and age buys one round arms. Unless you are a collector.

I don’t think so. Many on the pro gun control side know little or nothing about guns, The commenter said that an AR 15 was a single shot rifle. If that were true, it would mean you would need to load one round at a time to shoot. That is not the case. The AR 15 is a semi automatic rifle that can hold many rounds of ammunition, depending on what magazine it has. I do think words matter.

I think that sucks too. Silly and costly idea. So? You still depend on it.

Again I echo the esteemed PVC, “Stay on topic!”

@abram_bailey_aud Many thanks for changing the title.

https://ruger.com/products/no1/models.html

Remember UM_Bongo, if it weren’t for AMERICANS With GUNS, you probably would be speaking GERMAN now! FREEDOM is NEVER FREE, once you give up one freedom your more than likely to see a Domino Effect and I don’t see Americans going along with that, Too many have died for our Freedom just to let it go by the Wayside… This will be my last post on this topic, some can’t See the Forest from the Trees!

@MDB Lovely gun. Want to let you know my birthday is coming fairly soon.

Some ppl like semi automatic or even more.

Joe Biden says get a shotgun instead :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Single shot Arms. Shoot load and repeat arms of another era. Example so you know what you are talking about. :wink:

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/category/rifles/single-shot-rifle/

KenP: I’ll say whatever I want wherever I want thank you very much. So are you being the thread police now? Shall I just go ahead and ignore your policing?

I admired them greatly when they first came out in the late 1960’s. A different era when shooting was about shot placement and not about spraying bullets.

Have you seen these?

Doesn’t make me no nevermind. Say what you want. It is still a free country down here. But, it’d be clearer if you started a new thread for discussing your new world order views.

I implied nothing about MY views about new world orders. Merely making observations.
Again…I’ll say whatever I want wherever I want.

It may not mean assault rifle, but Colt, after purchasing the rights to the AR-10 and AR15 from ArmaLite in 1959, coined the phrase in an early 1960’s magazine add promoting their AR15 as an ASSAULT RIFLE! A .22 caliber round measures 5.56 mm which is the same size round as found in a M-16 rifle. The shooter in Florida used a large capacity clip as did the shooter in Vegas. Since they were out to kill as many people as possible in the shortest period of time, it seems to me the bulkiness didn’t seem to bother them.

When has the United States government ever said they plan to disarm it’s citizens? Eliminating AR type weapons, high capacity clips and bump stocks isn’t taking all your guns away. Yes, evil abides and unfortunately it’s right here with us in the form of our own citizens who go into schools, nightclubs, hotels armed with these weapons and proceed to kill as many as they can. As George Santayana said, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” These shootings continue to happen almost like clockwork a number of times per year, yet we never learn from them.

Teddy Roosevelt? “Speak softly but carry a big stick!” he started it and the Truman Doctrine made us into the worlds policemen. Did you not pay attention in history class?

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/truman-doctrine

Perhaps you too should look at the trees in the forest because it’s people like you who have made the US what it is today; a country where many people live in fear and children are fearful to go to school because of all the school shootings.

Yes, we helped defeat Germany during WWI and WWII, but that wasn’t civilians going over with their own guns and shooting it out with the enemy. It was the United States Government and the United States military who provided the help, I seriously doubt without the governments help we as individuals would of been much more than cannon fodder.

Adolf Hitler, was the first to use the Assault Rifle name for propaganda purposes and used the German word “Sturmgewehr” (which translates to “storm rifle” or “assault rifle”), as the new name for the german MP43, which became known as the Sturmgewehr 44 or StG 44.

You left out why people do these terrible things. I think you should have started with the culture of death that spews from the left and hollywood’s excessive gun violence in movies and games.