The best hearing aid to date (2023 February)

Indeed. Music with the Lumity sounds much better than with the More. I also noticed that in the “busy cafe” the Lumity was quieter, perhaps easier to understand. Edit: On second thought, after doing what Abram recommended below, I understood speech better with the Oticon More.

I have a question, @AbramBaileyAuD. Please, how are we supposed to listen to these samples? With our aids on speakers, with (unaided) earphones, streamed to hearing aids?

1 Like

Please take out your hearing aids, put on a pair of decent headphones, and make sure that the “open ear” condition sounds like a real world volume level. Of course, take caution in pressing the play button the first time that your volume isn’t cranked up!!

6 Likes

interesting tool… thanks sharing

have a great feedback manager allow to perhaps squeeze more gain
in the high frequencies while maintaining open fit.

It could make a difference. But the trade off is always battery life.
but again few people would upgrade HI for having a better feedback canceller

What degree of battery life though? I think choosing Bluetooth Classic has a larger impact on battery life. Phonak’s data seems to back that up.

feedback managers have to contantly running … there is an issue of battery life.
Even the Own CIC, have a reduce batery life (non BLE).

I suspect it is very power hungry

I remember bass boost worked well with some of my fittings.

I am sure CIC have less battery capacity than RITE. If well fitted CIC should have minimal feedback anyway with proper vent size.

The behind the ear Signia rechargeables that I own have a larger battery that can handle telecoil. I don’t use this last, but this model holds a big charge. 36 hours it’s claimed. Who knows? I’ve never tried that. It’s hard to imagine an in-the-canal aid having that size battery. But I don’t know for sure.

I need a power receiver in my right ear (if that’s the right term–still working on morning coffee). I thought I heard an audi mention that eliminated in the canal aids, but it never really came up for me. I wanted BTE.

1 Like

This is really useful… the kind of thing I wish I had access to long ago. Thanks very much.

1 Like

Thanks Greg! Appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

Not to be difficult but I Found the Audio comparisons are not reliable. For example if you compare the More to the Lumity then compare the Lumity to the More you’ll get differences in sound quality and loudness.

Tell me exactly what you’re doing step by step and I’ll see if we’ve got a bug.

2 Likes