In Am almost a week of testing the Marvel M90-312 (with closed double dome) after weeks of OPN-S trial. I don’t want to be pessimistic about these as I saw and read many successful stories. But, am really having issues and was wondering if this is how it actually works or it needs tuning.
- My own voice: my voice is high in the left and low on the right while am talking. Also, I noticed when am in the car talking on phone, my voice fades out (like low)
- Today I had a conversation with 2 colleagues in the office and we were in a small room. While am talking it fades then while they talk it didn’t clear the speech!. BTW, one of these colleagues speak fast and I used to get about 80% of his speech with the OPN S1 ( now Am 50%)
- when am driving I can feel there is a vacuum in my ear.
- we have a foldable backdoor for our warehouse, and when we open or close (it have noise), the aids fade too much that I cannot hear anything (like muting 80% of everything even people talking). Also, I felt the same vacuum in my ears!!!.
- I played with the app to adjust the noise reduction (to the least) and make speech focus almost 360. I saved this as manual program. But found that if I move to another environment or there is more noise, the Autosense is triggered. If I try to change again it changes, but again when any surrounding voices/noise happen, it triggers back. Also I noticed that If am streaming or on call and then finish the aids go back automatically to Autosense.
- I thought the Marvel 360 program same as OPN paradigm but it’s not. I can feel it’s still directional.
- If I pushed the domes deep, my voice is so high, if I release it just little, my voice fades a lot ! I cannot have a mid position?.
- When am listening on my phone speaker, the aids seems to reduce the volume (I feel my left ear vacuum much more than right ear).
- Last time with my Audi, we did REM and with it the gain is reduced . When she tried to increase there was some feedback. So, we decided to follow the REM and see how things going.
- I asked her to add the speech in noise and restaurant programs and found that these lower all sounds (not only noise) like the aid are on calm. When am at Costco and selected speech in noise I couldn’t hear myself or my wife (not even the noise )
- I can notice that am not understanding some conversation (more than before). Not sure if my mind still need time to switch from OPN to Marvel or wrong setting!.
The fact, the Marvel have much more options than OPN but with all the issues with OPN (and OPN- S warbling) the Marvel still didn’t come close to speech understanding.
BTW: I noticed my Audi adjusted it on NAL. !