Tcoil plus a Jabra BT3030 bluetooth?

I have a new pair of excelias. I’m trying to connect them cheaply to bluetooth.

Anyone have experience with the Jabra BT3030 “dogtag” bluetooth?

BT3030 review: http://blog.treonauts.com/2008/04/jabra-bt3030-bl.html

My plan is to use the BT3030 with the music link telecoils in place of the earphones supplied with the BT3030.

Music link review: http://www.tecear.com/Music_Link.htm

Thanks in advance

after more research, it looks like the best option for excelias is bluetooth of some sort.

Looks like Jabra BT3030 might not be best choice. Initial cost is low, but getting it to interact with hearing aids is problematical.

The iCom (expensive :frowning: ) looks like it might be best option. iCom apparently pairs with up to 8 bluetooth devices and is designed to communicate with excelias.

What did you find that makes you think it won’t work? I also am looking for an iCom alternative.

AFAIK, No hearing Aids have bluetooth built in…
The Bluetooth does not link directly with the HAs, rather it links with the iCom then the iCom (or Streamer) uses the neckloop to transmit an induction field to a digital T-Coil inside the Aids.

There are Bluetooth Neckloops out there that will work if you have normal T-Coils in your aids. (If the Aid has the ability to have a phone (“T” or “M&T”) setting, you can use these 3rd party BT Neckloops). They run anywhere from ~$125 - $250, depending on function etc. Some require the use of ear hooks but others are a simple neck cord just like the iCom & Streamer. I don’t if any of them are stereo.

Admin of this forum sells spme. (click on the banner ad above) or do a google search for Bluetooth Neckloops for more models and vendors. I don’t have any experience of them so I cannot advise as to the function.

According to Phonak, the iCom transmits to the aids using “Digital Inductive Technology”. There is no T-coil in the aids, nor can you use a T-coil device with the aids. Exactly what is “Digital Inductive Technology” … good luck trying to find any info on it on the web.

Mentioned elsewhere on this forum is the Nokia LS-5. I have only been able to locate it in Europe. The UK to be exact. It appears it would play the same role as the iCom. Anyone had any experience with it? BTW, the Exelia Art Micro does have a telecoil.

Responding to the statement below. Its true that Phonak uses inductive technology with some digital coding which allows you to transmit left and right channels separately. In addition, I also believe they use some form of identifiers so that the hearing aid “knows” the icom transmitting source.

But my Phonak Naida can handle a regular T-coil. So, obviously there is a regular T-coil of some sort which is processed differently depending on the mode chosen.

Arvind

According to Phonak, the iCom transmits to the aids using “Digital Inductive Technology”. There is no T-coil in the aids, nor can you use a T-coil device with the aids. Exactly what is “Digital Inductive Technology” … good luck trying to find any info on it on the web.

The system you show will work … to some extent. I used a simular device by Tekkeon … that in the past came with separate ear phone jack but now I think you can only get with “fixed” ear phones. Like you suggest you use this device to connect to Buletooth and just plug a loop into the ear phone jack. It worked fine, excpet for one thing, it does not have the amp power to run the loop. You can fix that by getting a headphone amp used by musicians as personal pre-amps, but these can run $100 and up for one with the power required…and now with buletooth, headphone amp, loop and hearing aids (all different parts with separate on/off and setup) I started to fell like a robot Cibor. If your t-coil path via music link is loud enough, the rest will work fine.