Target 5.4 "Opt out of the Improve Target Feature?"

What’s this about? I have 5.4.2 and looked for the Improve Target Feature but couldn’t find it.

0 Likes

You get to decide when you initially install the software. Just say no.

0 Likes

It’s actually called the “Phonak Target Improvement Program”. Look under Setup, General from the main menu. Read the license agreement and privacy notice and then make your own choice.

0 Likes

Thanks. Found it. My take is it’s likely pretty harmless.

0 Likes

Harmless smarmless. What possible benefit could it provide for a self programmer?

You should probably do what @rasmus_braun suggested. Read the license agreement and privacy notice, make your own choice, and then opt out, just say no :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

0 Likes

I did read it. All data is “anonymized.” Didn’t even know it was a word. :slight_smile: If Phonak sees people are using it a certain way, perhaps they could use that info to improve the user experience. That said, I did not choose to participate, but don’t feel strongly enough about it to tell people definitely not to.

0 Likes

Oh, while I’m looking at this thread again, do you think they anonymize your IP Address?

0 Likes

Really have no idea, but if I’d have to guess, no. For me, there is so much I do not understand about the internet, that I expect there are lots of ways for somebody to compromise my data.

0 Likes

Hi . I am from Germany, can you Share The target Software to me?
Best regards Holger
Baierh@baierh.de

0 Likes

@baierh Look at this.

0 Likes