Sudden problem with Phonak hearing aids - can anyone help please?

do both hearing aids have this problem or one only? I had problems with the left HA, they exchanged the cable for the microphone - transmitter, this worked.

1 Like

My problem caused by the left aid, as mentioned earlier in this thread. Right is working okay.

Good to know cables can be exchanged. But the problem with my aid is not the cable, it’s the switch and/or internal electronics. My faulty left aid has to be sent to Phonak for repair/replacement.

1 Like

I asked what I believe is least-expensive HA provider in my area - $180 to replace both receivers (simple open domes) on my Lumity HAs - ouch!

Right now it’s just a hypothetical question for me, in case I cannot resist jumping into the pool with my “waterproof” Lumity HAs. I wish I could do that!

I know they won’t survive… thanks to @1Bluejay for testing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Update on OP question. My faulty Left HA was sent to Phonak. It has been replaced under warranty, no explanation about exactly what was wrong. So far so good.

I don’t think Phonak would open a sealed HA ‘bean’ and fiddle with tiny bits inside and then re-seal it. So presumably this a brand new device, not a repair of the original. It is not programmed.

Audi that sent in my damaged aid is different to aud company where I purchased. Naturally this audi does not have my previous HA program.

This audi could start new programming from scratch, but costly (they did not get the profit of selling the HA) and they have no available appointments for weeks.

I will take a deep breath and see if my minimal DIY ability lets me restore the previous programs…more later

1 Like

I belong to the club of Lumity HAs failing after just 15 months, too. :pleading_face:

1 Like

Welcome @DamonHill to the bad-luck-Phonak club!

At keast we might learn something by sharing our disappointing experiences with new-ish HAs. Can you tell us what went wrong with yours?

The right one suddenly stopped working while streaming. The device worked as it could connect to the app and everything, but it didn’t transmit any sound. At the beginning I thought it could be due to the receiver/wax guard, but after changing both, I had to realise the HA was faulty.

Since I had noticed a bad drop in battery performance with the left one and they were still under warranty, Phonak changed both of them.

My audi confirmed Phonak is experiencing a lot of problems with the Lumity…

1 Like

You got that exactly RIGHT!

1 Like

I’d have to agree! I’ve sent in my TWO redundant pairs of Lumity Life aids twice for repair/replacement. And then there are the charging bases. They don’t give as much trouble, but they require software updates like the aids do. And you have to know how to re-set the base if it stops working.

At least Phonak could share the blame with makers of HA batteries when they offered that line of product. They have the 312-battery Life aids out now, but I haven’t heard any news on a size 13-battery option - which I’d definitely want.

1 Like