Streaming from PC to Philips 9030 aids

@Herbhornist → I assume that the phone you use AudioRelay on is an Android phone connected to your 9030? I’ve tried to see if AudioRelay supports iOS or not but apparently it doesn’t. That’s too bad as I would have loved to have a way to send audio from my Windows 11 laptop to my iPhone so I can use my Airpods Pro 2 with it (it has audiogram accommodation to act as a hearing aid type streaming device). Right now my workaround is using VLC together with Airfoil, but I can’t get YouTube to work with Airfoil.

@401todd → If AudioRelay works for you with your Android phone driving the 9030, you can get rid of the YouTube latency by installing the YouTube Audio/Video Sync extension for Chrome and adjust the audio to sync with the video. If you watch movies/videos files from VLC, VLC has a similar audio sync feature to delay the video to match with the audio latency.

Yes, so far I am Android centered. I returned the 9030’s–they didn’t work for me–and got the KS10’s, which have wonderful connectivity. I have been considering the Airpods Pro 2 as a backup. I would at least have to get an Apple tablet. I am very sensitive to occlusion, perhaps because of my large ear canals. What is your perception of the occlusion of the Airpods?

I had a pair that I tried last year (2021) and really didn’t work for me, with terrible occlusion. Then when one of my p90s failed last month I borrowed a pair from my son and they did ok. I could have used more amplification but I didn’t have a sense of occlusion this time.

Got my hearing aid back 21 Dec after it starting to fail 27 Nov. Jealous now of you folk that have working backup aids.

“Huh?”

WH

I assume that you’ve read through the thread about the Airpods Pro 2 as hearing aids on this forum? If not, check it out for more details.

I have the 2nd generation, and it has a Transparency mode that would make reduce the occlusion effect because you’ll get to hear the ambient environmental sounds around you. However, when you talk, your own voice sounds funny. I don’t consider the amplification aid delivered by the APP2 for my hearing loss good enough to perform as hearing aid backup for me. I don’t get enough of the highs in Transparency mode even though I can hear the lows and mids better. Sometimes it makes me wonder if the Transparency mode is really audiogram accommodated or not compared to the streaming mode. A few other APP2 ownners on this forum seem to think it is, but I don’t feel like it is based on my personal experience with it in the Transparency mode.

Costco is having it on sale again for $200 today for their Christmas sale special, I think. With Costco, you can always buy it to try and if you’re not happy, you can return it. Be warned, however, that as an Android centric user, you will not be able to get audiogram accommodation from the APP2 for Android or Windows or any non iOS or non MacOS devices.

2 Likes