I noticed that the right aid was not working, audio way down, could barely hear the annunciation chime. I kept the aid in the ear most of the day and then decided to investigate.
I checked the battery voltage with an amp meter and the voltage was good. I switched the aids to see if I could hear the left aid in the right ear to see if the ear canal was blocked, no problem I could hear the chime!
Now It Gets Stranger (right aid now working, left aid quit)
After placing the aids back in my ears I found the right aid working and now the left aid quit! I would open and close battery door and the aid would remain on for a few minutes then shutdown. I repeated this process a number of times with the same result!
An hour or so later I went through the same process and the aid activated as design and there have been no more problems!
The only thing I can think of is I slapped a Bluetooth ear transceiver in the ear without removing the aid to make a phone call. Normally I remove the aid, however, this time I didn’t. I wonder if the transceiver caused the aid to malfunction. If so, there must be some fantastic electronics in the design to get everything working after a transient event.