Has anyone used a Start Hearing provider?

Has anyone used this provider? I found it when researching my Medicare Advantage coverage for hearing aids. They are Starkeys…but which ones?

Looks like the Novidan to me…

That would be a non starter, I think. I want a recognized brand.

Also OTC. Non-starter for a lot of ppl.

WH

1 Like

I thought aids via Medicare Advantage plans were NOT OTC. There are prices for every category from Basic to Premium. That doesn’t sound like OTC.

If you buy it, is it sent to your local pro, or sent directly to you?

What is the provider name?

I found the name Start Hearing on a page from Independent Health, my Medicare Advantage provider.

Start Hearing about page

There is an ability to schedule an appointment and receive an evaluation. Maybe there i more than just the OTC. But the sound of it presumes you will get HAs from only that brand. It doesn’t inspire confidence. It is a Starkey brand, but …

WH

The price seems too good to be true…so I guess I will go to my audiologist and bite the dust…

It looks like their price with no insurance coverage is approx $4800 for premium, so if your deal is better you can see what your insurance benefit is.

I bought my Phonak Lumity through my Advantage plan and my cost was $3600 for Lumity 90. The company my “Anthem” (BCBS advantage plan) uses is Hearing Care Solutions. I wouldn’t choose to use them but it did save me about $1000 over Zip Hearing. Zip seems much more professional but they operate in a similar way. I paid Hearing Care Solutions and they, eventually, ordered the hearing aids, and delivered to my ENT/Audiologist practice. My audiologist fit them.

I have to use HCS to get the best deal, but if i go somewhere else my hearing aid benefit is a flat $500. So, next time i will use Zip.