Starkey leveno 1200 hearing aid, not able to hear when paired with HP Laptop

why I am not able to hear from my levino 1200 star key hearing aid, when I pair it to my laptop

It doesn’t contain true Bluetooth which is why.

Only hearing aid that can connect to laptop is Phonak due to using Classic Bluetooth.

Yours use Low Energy Bluetooth which only works with iPhone and some Androids if hearing aids are ASHA.

I can’t find the thread but low energy Bluetooth are still in the early days to connect to Mac OS but I believe only certain ones.

Definitely won’t work with Windows tho.

EDIT - Found it.

As Zebras stated, Starkeys hearing aids having BTLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and this is compatible with MFi (made for iPhone) and ASHA (Android Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids). Starkey like other brands: Oticon, ReSound, Signia, Beltone, etc… they all do not support the Classic Bluetooth, but connect to smartphones/tablet/PCs (with iOS MacOS and Android OS) via BluetoothLE.

Only the newer Phonak hearing aids Marvel (M), Paradise (P), Lumity (L) + newer Unitron HA support connection to classic Bluetooth, and therefore connect seamles to all Bluetooth devices, like windows PCs / laptops, smarphones, audio players with bluetooth.

For connecting Starkey Livio (and newer ) hearing aids to Laptop computer you need a intermediary device " Starkey 2.4 GHz TV Streamer " or alternatively use " Starkey Remote Microphone + "

With Starkey 2.4 GHz TV Streamer or Remote Microphone + you stream audio from your TV or other electronic audio source directly to: Genesis AI, Evolv AI, Livio Edge AI, Livio AI and Livio hearing aids.

The difference between the devices is:
The 2.4 GHz TV Streamer connect only via audio cable to any audio device (TV, Laptop, Stereo-System etc…) and hear the audio via your Starkey hearing aids. Connect the TV Streamer to the audio output port of your laptop.
See Starkey TV Streamer user manual

If your laptop does not have an audio out port then you can not use the TV Streamer and you need to get the Remote Microphone +
The Starkey Remote Microphone + can be paired wireless with any Bluetooh device (like your laptop , and then stream the audio to your Starkey hearing aids
See Starkey Remote Microphone + user manual (page 13)

see also

1 Like

Here you can find an overview of all Starkey 2.4GHz Accessories