Standard or Power xReceiver for Audeo q30

I bought a pair phonak audeo q30 used. How to understand if the receiver is standard or power. The number 3 is written on the receiver, the dome is open, phonak target 5.3 and icube perfectly recognize the model
Thank you

3 is the wire length. There should also be an xS (standard) or xP (power) indicated.

For example here’s an image of a Phonak receiver >>Length=2, strength=P for Power<<.
Also Blue = Left and Red = Right.

unfortunately on my receiver only the number three is written. When imposed in the acoustic parameters power xReceiver and I do an audiogram direct with phonak target, the values are almost identical to those of an audiogram that a doctor gave me. Can I therefore conclude that I have a power xReceiver?

Hi PVC, I see in the picture you posted that the receiver has, in addition to the current wire, another thread. What is it for? to extract the receiver from the ear?

It’s a retainer that curls into your concha. eta> Also called an Ear Grip.

No, I don’t see how you can guess what the physical receiver is. It’s whatever someone plugged in. Look at it with a magnifier in direct sunlight.

Or use a cellphone from 5" away to take a macro picture in direct sunlight.

Phonak introduced a new, smaller power receiver about 5 years ago. You probably have the old model which looks like this:

Post a picture of the receiver. If it’s the old style as @rasmus_braun posted then the shape should be different for power/standard.

I

attach photos of my receiver, I only see the number three, I think it is the latest model or not?

Okay, that is the old style that was mentioned above. Go to the EBay link that @rasmus_braun posted and pull-down the Select box to show a picture of Standard and then do it again for Power. See the different pictures for standard/power? Your’s is a power.

1 Like

You’re right, I have the old model power. These are my first experiences of
fitting, what is the difference between pairing or decoupling hearing aids? should you leave them paired or decouple them?
I have not modified anything in the basic tuning and in fine tuning.
What is more important to set up?
Thank you

Paired with what? I think you mean that the hearing aids are paired with each other. If Yes, then you should certainly leave them coupled together. Binaural features such as changing volume on one hearing aid results in changing volume on both hearing aids is an example of why.

Maybe start another thread in the DIY category if you have fitting questions. Look in the DIY category for (and try) Free Education.

Ok, thank, i use the hearing aids paired with each other.

can I use denatured alcohol, the one for medical use, to disinfect the receivers after I have them brushed?

I wouldn’t get anything kind of liquid on/in my receivers/balanced-armature-drivers.

However I just splash a little common isopropyl alcohol on a clean cloth, or even a clean t-shirt that I am wearing and then I wipe my domes/molds clean keeping them pointed downwards so as not to let any excess alcohol seep into the receiver. But watch out for naysayers if you do that.

If you’re getting the 99% isopropyl, you can basically douse the receivers with it.

But don’t tell that other person I said so. :wink:

1 Like

thanks for your advice