Specsavers UK vs hospital

Yes Nathos Novas are Bolero M70s. I find them virtually identical to my Paradise aids in Bluetooth setup and performance. The same goes for Roger Direct and TV Connector. The only noticable difference I’ve seen between Marvel & Paradise is that in the App. In Paradise you can delete the generic custom programmes (App only) of Musuc, Restaurant and TV. In Marvel, you can’t.

Morecambe Bay Trust provide Nathos Nova and Naida, all Bluetooth. Nova, in both rechargeable or battery. The battery version has telecoil, wheras the rechargeables don’t.

Peter

My Mum’s friend, nephew has just got Oticon Engage (Bluetooth) from Swindon.

1 Like

Unless it’s changed, UHW did issue Ambio Smart aids which are MFI hearing aids and do support direct audio streaming to Android.

I got them 3 years ago mind so wouldn’t surprise me if they now cut back and only issue the Ambio models.

@Urquell88

I’m just going by what has been said on here in the past.

It’s likely to still be the Ambio Smart if you’ve had them before.

Given the rarity of them I’m not surprised others think that.

I was surprised to have got the smart versions as I wasn’t told that originally, just that I’d be getting the Ambio’s.

The local hospital near me does only dispense the Ambio’s mind you.

I don’t know which Ambios I have probably not smart. I use the app for control of aids, but my phone and tablet are both Android, which are not compatible, so unable to stream anyway. Have not so far tried a Apple device. Is there any indication or numbering on aids to tell if they are the smart version?

@BarryH

On the Hearing Aid, if it just says Ambio 67/77/88/98 then it’s the normal one.

The Smart version will have an extra S after the model number on it, other than that they are visually identical.

If I’m being honest the Ambio model shouldn’t exist as Bluetooth streaming aside it’s got a lower quality chip inside it and sounds no where near as good as the Smart version and missing a few other features.

For those in the tech know how, the Ambio has a series 5 chip in it, the Smart is series 7.

Resound in private sector goes up to series 9.

The Ambio smart is available, though not necessarily offered first, you have to say that you have a need for a system linked to your phone.

1 Like

369, I know what you are going through. You go to what you think is a Medical Professional for impartial advice and find they are glorified sales people with a little medical knowledge enough to baffle you. I was recommended with Starkey at £4k, the blurb said they could accept BT , but couldn’t except if you had Apple or only certain Androids, all of which cost a fortune.
So I asked them to supply FOC the adaptor that would allow BT I told them that they sold me them under false pretenses and wondered what Trading Standards would think.
They gave me a full refund and took the HA back. So something was a bit funny going on there.
At the moment I don’t have any and getting by without.
Like you when I asked for a copy of the hearing test, what they gave me further down the line was nonsense. More evidence of dodgy dealings. This was with Leightons and the Audio had her own card machine, so could have been working independantly.
Seems like its open season for these people, as much scruples as double glazing or Solar panel salesmen. Specsavers & Supermarkets are places I would stay away from, same with Boots by the sounds of it.

Go with the NHS ones but ask for BT, but string Specsavers along.

Good luck.

1 Like