SoundRecover or SoundRecover2

Ah! Must depend on the hearing aids. I was looking for Audeo Bs. I’m guessing they dropped that option from Audeo Bs on. Mine just shows Calculate side independently. Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. I have the SR and SR2 option with Naida v90 up aids.
Like not having receiver options on non receiver aids.

Ooops, my fault. :innocent: A long time ago I set initial properties:

1 Like

Thanks. That does it!

I haven’t got SR2 but I’ve got old SR. I’ve had it activated on my DuoPhone program and it’s made all the difference. I don’t like it on any other program.

i noticed that sith sr off i see the audiogram going to the end of the scale, wit hit on the lines disappear. so is that taking the high sounds and shifting them down to the slower frequencies? for my audeo v aids i do not have the sr2 options so i’m guessing that my aids will not use that apart of the program. i still hear myself as an echo and tinny but it seems when i got to the program that lets me change some of the sounds i can lose that but then i have to turn up the aids to hear, so that to me is pointless and i take the changes away. so the sond recover is what i’m working on as i still have a hard time hearing the wife. her voice is in that range i have trouble with and she pronounces her words a bit different than most others, but others manage to understand her i can’t. so i’m working this sound recover to see if i can find a sweet spot. thanks.

Yes, SR takes the high frequencies, compresses them and shifts to lower frequencies. You are correct Audeo V did not have SR2. Audeo B and everything since have SR2. Default settings for SR are seldom strong enough. I’d suggest gradually making it stronger. For me that made a similar frequency lowering system easier to adjust to. What are your current SR settings? My understanding is that most people prefer SR2 because it only shifts the highs when it detects high frequency energy and therefore has less distortion. There are a ton of resources I can refer you to regarding frequency lowering but they can be pretty overwhelming.

1 Like

this is what i’m at now

this is my audio direct settings

for me anything around the 3.5k is just a buzzing sound and as you see at 4k the program will not even go high enough to let me hear anything. and i have not overridden it . so the sr is not even in the highest range for me. i tried moving the left side down into 3k but have not noticed any change so i put it back to default.

I think you’re going to need to get the Lower Cutoff frequency down to at least 2500hz to really notice anything–quite possible lower.

1 Like

thanks m will give that a try and see if it works in the program the fancy lines are where the program seems to like those settings so i left them at that point. i did not want change that part yet as i want to thing the program may know best.

ok this is where i moved it for now and will give it a try. as you see it is now below targets suggested setting. i will give it go. thanks

I use SR1 and my settings are 2kHz and 2.1CR. I am hearing so many new sounds. I didn’t get on with SR before but I increased the highs slightly more once I activated SR and that made all the difference.

thanks zebras. you see where i have mine for now. i will leave it here for a week or so to give me time to adjust. i may have to lower it more but i will let the wife talk for a bit just to make sure see get thru to me. most of her speech seems ok but some of it is a bit scrambled yet, but now to see how the new settings work.

It looks like G50 at and above 2.5kHz is too low. G50 is for soft sounds. I believe you should increase that independently from your settings for SR. I can’t figure out why the lowest thick (i.e. resulting) red/blue line is below the lowest thin (i.e. target) red/blue right from 2.5k.

thanks being i can’t see colors it make using the fine tuning section hard. one time on my moxi aids i tried raising all the lines to be close to the top line that looks black to me and wow it drove me crazy. and on a youtube some audi in az. has a show that tries to teach how to set aids up and i followed his lessons using my moxis and that is hwo i got to move the lines using the fine tuning.

i hil give that a try raising the bottom line that looks red to me. the centerline kind of looks blue. all the rest look shaded grayed out line that i have no clue what they do.

i lowered the sr on the left line from 3.5k down to 2k and now i can’t hear the sound the aids make when i change the volume. so i may have to put that back between 2k and 4k is the worst for my hearing. as most sounds are just clicking sounds. thanks

If you are struggling to hear the beeps, you can change the frequency of the tone and also the loudness. I have mine set to low and at very loud.

You don’t need to distinguish the colours. In the right diagram they are all blue (left ear) in the left diagram they are altogether red (i.e. right ear)
You can distinguish thin lines (calculated by target) and thick lines (actually set in the HA). You change the curves of the thick lines by changing the values in the tables below the diagram in fine-tuning.

If you want to hear your wife I still believe you should increase the values in the row named “G50” at 2.5k and above. However there is no guarantee that you then can understand the women :wink:

thanks dani i know the red is right and the blue is left. but the scale lines i can’t see them well. i raised the g50 for 2.5l as high as the program will let me. it did not go much like 2 clicks on the raise button and then went gray. thanks

thanks i use the default tones and in audio direct they are a bit higher than the audio gram i entered into the field. so what i did was use the m to set the high lever for uncomfortable hearing. that seemed to help. so for now i will use that audio direct entry and give the aids time to do there auto adjusting. thanks

Ah I see the problem. In “Target” it is not possible that the difference between G65 and G80 is greater than the difference between G65 and G50.
You have some possibilities:

• leave it as it is (the sound sounds like you are probably used to)
  • increase all three lines (G50, G65, G80)
  • for each increasing of G65 with 1 step you can increase G50 by 2 steps

Suggestion #2 is preferred if you use NAL-NL2 but this may be too loud in loud situations. I preferre #3 if you use DSLv5a or Phonak’s own precalculation. I can’t give you an advice. You have to test those changes by yourself if you like the one or the other approach.
To recall: This is independent from soundrecover. I just believe that G50 at and above 2.5kHz is too low for your audiogram to hear soft female voices.