Some Problems Phonak Marvel M90 312

I’ve been using Phonak Marvel for about 8 months. I have always noted the problems I encountered in this process on my phone. My audiologist couldn’t solve these problems and I wanted to ask you. There’s also a topic called Marvel 2.0. Is this Marvel 2.0 a new hearing aid or operating system update? Where can I track new Marvel software releases and details? ( I don’t have a connection tool like Noahlink.)

Could you please share your information with me?

1 ) In AutoSense mode, it plays too much in the voice of the person speaking, reducing the sound and not being understood.
2 ) I want to automatically mute the surround sound while Bluetooth or TVConnector is connected. Because whenever I connect, I turn down the surround sound from the Remote app.
3 ) When you are in the car, the music is muted every 5 minutes.
4 ) Phone calls cannot be made on a busy street.
5 ) When I turn on the music from the Bluetooth speaker at home, there is the incident in the car again. The device changes the sound of the music and the sound is low and muffled.
6 ) While working with the drill in the industry, the sound of the drill sounds as if I opened the drill sound from the phone. So it’s like I opened music. The same happens when I hit the keys on the key ring.
7 ) When I pick up music from the phone, in some seconds of the music, the sounds play as if I’ve raised all the frequencies of the equalizer to the highest. This distorts the sound very much.

My best compliments

Erkam ACAR

0 Likes

And this - ladies and gentlemen - is why I hate automation and compression of digital aids. I fail to see why digital amplifiers should dictate the sound we hear. Sounds should, in my opinion, be unadulterated giving us the same sounds our hearing counterparts hear.

Apologies ierkamacar, I don’t mean to hijak your topic. Just that your problems (and many of them!) show exactly my recent points. :slightly_smiling_face:

0 Likes

1. This can be changed in the program options–just mute the mics
  2. Just the function of the device, you’re out of luck.
  3. You should be wearnig hearing protection while running a drill

I’m not completely clear on what you are experiencing with the volume fluctuations and drop-outs in your music streaming, but if there are compression issues that should be able to be adjusted to some extent, make sure you aren’t getting competing BT connection issues in the car.

This can be tough when you’re feeding the signal through a broken speaker.

0 Likes

Not really, we just replace the speaker. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

0 Likes

Sir I was using Google Translate when write this topic. I didnt understand your answer about 2. problem. I meaning in car volume of music reduced by hearing aid every 5 minutes.

0 Likes

Sorry, I was making a (apparently really opaque :laughing:) metaphore about the damaged ear and auditory system. But I think about it that way sometimes. What if you had to try to feed sound through a damaged speaker–how do you process it to try to maximize intelligibility and sound quality despite the limitations of the system?

0 Likes

Lol. I realised that. I just decided to come back with an (apparently really obvious) quip.
Seriously though, interesting thought. I’ve never thought of deafness or hearing loss in that way but more as a problem where sounds are not getting to the processing equipment. In other words, it’s more the Mic (tympanic membrane), the wiring (bones/nerves) and/or the amplifier (cochlear) that is broken, not the speaker (brain).

Of course, not every hearing loss is the same but in my case, all I do need is volume. And lots of it. Not processing. :slightly_smiling_face:

0 Likes

The undamaged ear has a dynamic range of ~130 dB. Your range is ~20 dB. Some level of processing is required if we want to try to squish a bit more information into that window.

1 Like

You might think so but no, not for me.
I’m too long in the tooth for any changes to my sounds now.

0 Likes