Smart Connect battery life

How long should the Smart Connect last on a full battery charge? I charged mine overnight, but at 5pm it’s showing almost empty on the Smart Connect app. I haven’t done any audio streaming today and have hardly used the Smart Connect at all.

Mine has been inconsistent. Most of the time it has lasted a day but there are definitely days when it
dies about that time on me as well. I think the battery should be better than that.

Reports for duration seem to vary based on individual needs. Some users of standard batteries reports a somewhat shorter battery life than others – probably due to prescription used and activity.

Early users of rechargable aids in the 312 size say they don’t last the full day while others seem to make. Again, that may be due to their prescription needs. Users of size 13 aids haven’t report them not lasting the day.

If I were to chose rechargable batteries, I think I’d insist on the larger configuration. If they die before the user activity is complete for the day, they really don’t have aids at that point. While if my battery dies during the day, I can quickly change and go on.

As an aside, I use my rechargable Phone Clip + with a BT transmitter on the TV. If I spend a lot of time watching TV, I have to plug it into the charger after a number of hours. That works because the unit still function while charging.

I think this is talking battery life for the Smart Connect, not an aid. What kind of battery does it use? I don’t readily find that info.

Yes, the Smart Connect battery life. Whatever battery that is, it’s not replaceable by the user: a special tool is needed to open the case.

The 312 battery in the right aid lasted from Saturday noon when I picked up the KS7s until about 10pm yesterday, Thursday – a little over 5 days. The battery in the left aid still showed close to full. These are the German-made batteries that came with the aids. It’ll be interesting to see whether the batteries I buy from Costco last any longer.

— Updated —

Yes, the Smart Connect battery life. Whatever battery that is, it’s not replaceable by the user: a special tool is needed to open the case.

The 312 battery in the right aid lasted from Saturday noon when I picked up the KS7s until about 10pm yesterday, Thursday – a little over 5 days. The battery in the left aid still showed close to full. These are the German-made batteries that came with the aids. It’ll be interesting to see whether the batteries I buy from Costco last any longer.

Really ‘days’ doesn’t mean anything… hours would mean much more.

Yes hours is better but from my point of view something like that that costs as much as it does should last me a day no matter how long it is.

They fooled you didn’t they…

From this link: https://usa.bestsoundtechnology.com/pro/siemens-hearing-product-portfolio/accessories/consumer/easytek/
battery life is claimed to be 6 hrs for bluetooth, 9 hrs for FM and 10 for audio line-in

I hope they decide to offer a higher rated ma battery as a replacement because I would sure upgrade.

I’m just guessing here that the charging port is a mini usb? If so, getting one of the battery packs that will recharge a cell phone and carrying it in your pocket could provide a solution, albeit rather kludgy.

What’s a typical day for your easyTek? Do you leave it connected to the app all the time? Heavy phone usage or streaming?

The charging port is micro-USB, and I have used it with an external battery pack – works fine.

Correction: the external battery can charge it, but charging switches it off, and it cannot be used while it is charging!

Damn. That’s a real Catch-22. Have you tried contacting Rexton? It would be good to let them know that a solution would be appreciated. Doesn’t mean it will happen, but it for sure won’t happen without somebody letting them know.

Plugging in the charger does turn it off, but I believe you can turn it on again while it is charging. Of course, it won’t charge very well if it is actively use. The battery usually lasts me my work day (6-8 hours) with a good amount of streaming Bluetooth during the day. If you use the mini-jack connection rather than Bluetooth it will last longer. If you are getting less than 4 hours battery, or it is not charging well or completely and it is still under warranty, take it back. It is likely you may have a bad battery. I had that happen with the first Smart Connect I received. They replaced it with no argument

My “Correction” was mistaken: charging it from a computer USB port does turn it off (as the docs. say), but charging it from a USB charger does not. Charging from an external battery pack seems to depend on what kind/make of battery pack: one switched the Smart Connect off, the other didn’t.

just want to add my 2 cents on the Smart connect. I have had 3 in the first 2 weeks and now my 3rd one is being replaced due to lack of staying connected with the HAs. As far as run time I use mine a lot as I need to be on the phone several hours a day but it still last about 10-12 hrs a day. I dont do much streaming but on occasion I do. My biggest complaint is the fact that I have to connect each day with my phone and I dont understand why, as no other BT requires that.
Chris going to number 4 this week.

I was able to remove the battery from my smart connect but coyld not find the same size so i just installed the new battery on the back outside of the case. it is secured with some hot glue.
the new battery purchased in Ebay has 4 x tge capacity of the old battery. Not pretty but as my back up streaing device. My Kirkland/Phonak rechargable hearing aids only last about 8 hours streaming auduo books before they are dead. then I change to my back up battery style Kirkland aids and stream with my revived Smart connect. the only tool you need is a small screw driver to pip off the back and a set of mini torx screw drivers (avaiable at Harbor Freight for less than 10$) the battery was available on Ebay for $8 incl shipping- item #293026115936
3.7 v 360mAh 582535 thermistor Li LiPo battery Jst-XH 3 pin 1.25mm. I had to use an xacto knife to cut a small hole in the back to bring the new battery wire into the case to plug it into the existing JST 3 pin 1.25 mm jack.

works great. dont forget to hit the reset botton on the Smart Connect with a paper clip!